Virtual Account Manager, Inside Sales
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Business Unit: Legal UKI
Our Legal organisation focuses on connecting our customers' businesses to the ever-changing legal and regulatory environment. We provide critical online and print information, decision support tools, software and services to lawyers who practice in law firms, in corporate legal departments and in the public sector. We are a growing business in the UK, especially since the acquisition of Practical Law Company in March 2013 and we are very excited about the next stage in our growth and how you can play a part in it.
Position: Virtual Account Manager: Inside Sales
The Virtual Account Manager will manage and where appropriate, develop their portfolio of approximately 900 -1000 accounts with existing revenues of around £2m. This is a high volume, low contact transactional role.
The focus is on achieving sales in order to meet or exceed targets through the fulfillment of the sales strategy, and to retain, develop and grow targeted accounts in the marketplace.
The role primarily requires a minimal level of contact with our clients, the focus being on retaining and uplifting an existing base of clients virtually. Accountable for renewing as well as identifying growth opportunities within your portfolio across Corporate's, Law Firms, Public Sector, Academics and Government. You will develop relationships with targeted contacts and look to broaden Thomson Reuters' impact, access and revenue from each organisation. You will also have to create, manage and close a pipeline of new business opportunities, including software, whilst always protecting the existing revenue streams.
You will be responsible for achieving quarterly and annual targets by managing a set of clients virtually, using email and the telephone. You will build direct relationships where appropriate and work closely with clients to identify and maximize the revenue opportunities within a chosen set of accounts.
You will develop and hunt for other online opportunities through sales & marketing activities to end clients and work with colleagues to drive software technology into your portfolio of accounts.
The role has a high profile within Thomson Reuters Legal and success will open significant opportunities within the business as well as ensuring development on an individual basis. The role is therefore best suited to highly motivated individuals who are ambitious for personal success.
Due to the flexible nature of the services we provide there are many opportunities that are non-core and the role therefore requires the individual to be proactive and a strategic thinker with the ability to pioneer.
The role also requires comprehensive account handling skills, good time management and exceptional organisational skills.
- Renew, cross sell and up-sell across an existing client base to achieve and exceed sales targets
- Have account management calls with clients, when required
- Plan and prioritise sales activities and customer contact towards achieving agreed business goals
- Plan and manage personal business portfolio according to an agreed market development strategy
- Manage and own a sales pipeline of new business which consistently delivers above expectation results
- Maintain and identify development areas with existing customers through appropriate propositions and ethical sales methods, relevant internal liaison, to optimise quality of service, business growth and customer satisfaction
- Daily update of all CRM systems
- Respond to and follow up sales enquiries in a timely manner
- Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the sales process
- Attend and present at internal meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business development
- Attend training to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills
- Adopting, adhering and championing the core company values of, Business is Global, Customers are the Heart of Everything, Performance Matters and People make the Difference
- Conduct oneself in a highly professional and ethical manner, adopting behaviors that enhance the reputation of the company
- Provide input into the future sales vision including new markets, new products, new customers and new ways of doing business
- Demonstrate online and software products and successfully manage trials to sale
- Responding to customer queries in a timely fashion to enhance and develop stronger customer relationships.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Results orientated and focus on achieving targets and objectives
- Highly motivated and self confident in approach to role
- Strong influencing skills with proven negotiating abilities
- Effective time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritise according to the overall plan
- Strong information, fact finding and questioning abilities
- Proven reporting and account planning abilities
- High focus on customer service and satisfaction
- Highly comfortable with technology and online research systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong numeracy skills
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Graduate level preferred
- Knowledge of Thomson Reuters products and services
Personal Characteristics Required:
- Self-starter, able to initiate and implement learning on own initiative
- Enthusiastic to develop fresh ideas and learn new skills
- Highly adaptable, ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
NB: Flexible working options will be considered as part of this application. E.g. Job shares
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top