We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
We are recruiting a talented multi-lingual journalist to focus on production of news video based in our international video news production hub in Gdynia, Poland.
Reuters Television Producer
You and your team:
You will join a team of six news and social media TV producers working alongside 90 photo and text colleagues at Gdynia Editorial Team. You will develop knowledge of current affairs, journalism and video production working in a highly international environment with members of staff representing some 20 different nationalities.
Why is this job important?
The successful candidate will work as part of a growing international team processing video news reports for distribution to Reuters' global subscriber base of more than 1,000 television channels around the world and hundreds of online portals.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Editing video shot by our network of correspondents, verifying it for technical and journalistic integrity.
- Production of snappy, well-written shotlists and scripts our subscribers will base their news reports on
- Communicating clearly with other team members and working accurately under pressure
- Coordinating and working closely with a global team of editors and producers. In your work you will report to the head TV operations in Gdynia with a dotted line to Regional Editor.
What do you need to bring?
- Experience in TV, print or multimedia journalism
- Written English to a near-native standard
- Good news writing style
- Interest in current affairs and sound news judgment
- Ability to work under pressure and at speed on breaking stories
- Flexibility, willingness to work late hours and some weekends.
- Good team player
- Experience with video editing would be a clear advantage. However, as full training will be given, a willingness to learn quickly is at least as important.
- Knowledge of German and/or any the central or east European languages would be an advantage
- Education to first degree level
- Job in an international, dynamic environment
- Intensive training package.
- Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare and Multisport card.
- Company social incentives.
- High standards of ethics in the workplace.
- Networking opportunities.
- Two additional days off for voluntary activities
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top