Vice President, Sales
Date Posted: June 19, 2017
Vice President, Sales
This role will champion the mission to create the best sales organization in Canada. The incumbent will provide strategic and operational leadership to the sales team to meet sales, revenue, retention and organizational objectives. Develops strategic relationships with professional firms, corporations, government agencies and academic institutions and works with customers to deeply understand their needs and business strategies. Demonstrates a passion for continually improving the customer experience. Effectively demonstrates and positions Thomson Reuter's technology platforms, technology solutions, products and support services as key assets that enable customers to achieve their business objectives.
This position is responsible for:
- developing overall short and long term sales channel strategy to insure that the sales and revenue goals are met. Developing sales objectives and managing the development of account plans that consistently and accurately forecast quarterly and annual revenue streams;
- building high performing, cohesive, and customer focused solutions sales teams. Identifying, developing and retaining high performing sales professionals;
- leading by example to motivate and inspire the team. Demonstrating and driving creativity, innovation and a can do/"roll up your sleeves" approach;
- providing regular forecasting, monitoring and reporting of all necessary financial information, including new sales, new business opportunities, and renewal revenue by medium;
- sharing market insights and needs within the business. Partnering with Segment, Product and Marketing teams to create and execute go to market strategies that maximize current and future growth of products and solutions;
- leading the process to design and evaluate compensation plans, territory alignment, incentive plans and additional programs to drive sales results;
- functioning as a key member of the Canadian leadership team to develop business plans and financial strategies for the future;
- participating on global sales teams and forums to drive and implement shared best practices and common processes/technologies; and
- partnering with the Customer Experience team to identify and prioritize strategies and actions to maximize customer retention and satisfaction and to deliver best in class support and service.
You will be a strong team player and will possess:
- a University degree in Law/Business/Commerce/Marketing or related field;
- a demonstrated passion and obsession with improving customer experience and creating best in class sales organizations;
- a proven track record in developing and achieving sales objectives and in leading a large B2B salesforce;
- experience selling and leading sales teams in the technology solutions space;
- knowledge of the professional and corporate marketplace and understands key leverage points;
- experience in business development and in developing strategic alliances and partnerships;
- an understanding of the working application of technology, its potential, and its implications for our customers. Has a strong working knowledge and understanding of the information technology environment including software solutions, ecommerce and future technology needs;
- strong strategic planning, project management, conceptual, analytical, and both short and long-term decision-making skills;
- superior interpersonal skill, including presentation, persuasion, negotiation and conflict resolution;
- the ability to relate effectively as a business partner with other corporate and operating staff; and
- exceptional leadership skills including demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, coach, recruit, develop and inspire superior performers.
Thomson Reuters offers an environment that is both challenging and supportive, and we are proud to have been named one of Canada's Top 100 Employers from 2009 – 2017, a Best Workplace from 2006 – 2017, and a Great Place to Work for Women in 2015 and 2017. Thomson Reuters is committed to building a diverse workforce. We rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals, and to do that, we seek talented, qualified employees regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other protected classification. We consider work from home arrangements for candidates with a disability or specific accessibility needs. If requested, accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment and assessment process.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities. More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on: www.thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top