Vice President Indirect Tax, Product Management
The VP for ONESOURCE Indirect Tax Product Management owns end-to-end product lifecycle for our ONESOURCE Indirect Tax suite of offerings, including ONESOURCE Determination, ONESOURCE Indirect Compliance, ONESOURCE Certificate Manger and Fast Sales Tax. Together, our Indirect Tax solutions provide automation and accuracy across tax and finance workflows from determination through final remittance and compliance. The VP will lead the global strategy for Indirect Tax and provide direction to a team that identifies and partners with Technology to build solutions that address our customers' most pressing problems with products that are user-friendly and valuable to our customers while driving profitable growth for the business.
The key areas of responsibility are:
- Developing and executing the vision, strategy and roadmap for ONESOURCE Indirect Tax globally
- Driving revenue growth across sub-segments by ensuring a high-quality, high-impact product and service delivered to all users
- Leading a highly skilled team of product managers and product owners
- Closely partnering with leaders in our content and technology teams to ensure high levels of product quality and speed-to-market and our proposition, go-to-market and professional services organizations to ensure the commercial success of our products
- Engaging with customers to meet and anticipate their needs
- Owns Indirect Tax product management process from concept to design, testing, forecast, promotion, support, and redeployment
- Sets long-term product strategy, roadmap and delivery plan for Indirect Tax, continuously raising the bar on innovative solutions to solve customers' problems
- Champions the needs of customers globally and understands local needs
- Provides leadership and direction for experienced, global teams under their direct and indirect authority
- Persuades senior executives and other internal and external stakeholders to gain wide acceptance of the strategy; relentlessly prioritizes to drive value for customers and TR, ensures that priorities and tests tie to the overall business strategy
- Leads business case creation for product investments and monitoring and reporting on financial and operational results
- Makes commercially smart decisions that drive the best possible financial and operational results
- Develops strong cross-functional relationships (with tech development, customer experience design, marketing, etc.) to deliver high-value products to TR customers
- Matures the Product Management practice within our organization and across Thomson Reuters as a whole
- Conducts global market landscape research and analysis to identify new technology trends and opportunities for Thomson Reuters to compete and create value for customers
- Drives strategic projects outside his/her specific area of product ownership that will help shape long-term business strategy; partners with leaders of other product lines to support Thomson Reuters platform strategy
- Represents Thomson Reuters to external industry and customer groups, including in presentations and demonstrations
- Business plans: Prepares, monitors and executes the business plans to meet or exceed product, revenue, cost and growth goals for their product line
- Product vision and roadmap - outlines the path towards achieving growth objectives including revenue, profit, market share, and return on investment for all business channels and key customers, in short and long term
- Delivery of high-quality, high impact products and services in partnership with technology, content, etc. with a focus on continuous improvements in the agile development process
- Value articulation for new products and enhancements in collaboration with sub-segments and marketing
- Proven capability to build vision, develop strategic plans, set direction and accelerate change needed to impact results
- Previous experience with managing cloud-based technology solutions
- Knowledge of scaled Agile methodology and experience leading platform transformation
- Clear and concise communicator who can excite and motivate teams internally and drive alignment, trust, influence and buy-in with a wide range of internal and external audiences
- A strong consumer centric view with a proven ability to commercialize, assess where and how to compete while delivering on global and market specific opportunities.
- Strengths in collaborating with and leaning into marketing and customer market development; comfortable with going deep into critical technology decisions
- Highly skilled at relentlessly prioritizing to drive customer market value while balancing key stakeholder input
- Highly skilled at ensuring delivery teams have complete, high-quality requirements, including business, functional, and technical voices and effective, iterative testing cycles to support high-quality software delivery
- Highly accountable, efficient, and results-oriented; takes ownership and drives a sense of urgency without losing sight of the long-term vision.
- Exposure to technical, product & customer market operation roles, with a strong analytical & quantitative background; 10+ years' experience in product management and/or product strategy
- Proven experience in global markets
- Experience with B2B, SaaS product management, preferably with enterprise, financial or tax solutions
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, Master's degree a plus
- Experience driving innovation and applying lean startup principles in the enterprise is a plus
- Ability to thrive in and navigate global matrixed organization
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America
Back to top