Vice President - Finance
Vice President - Finance, Legal Managed Services
Directs and supports all activities related to financial operations, planning, forecasting and analysis of new sales, revenue, retention and expense for the Legal Managed Services (LMS) business. LMS is comprised of different lines of business – eDiscovery Technology, Contract Drafting and Finance Risk and Compliance. This position reports to the CFO of LMS/LMS/CC and has a staff of ten finance professionals. This position will be based out of our office in Noida, India.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Responsible for SOX and all TR financial compliance matters of LMS. Establishes the proper financial discipline within the LMS business. Ensures LMS is compliant with tax regulations locally. Oversees order-to-cash process for LMS while promoting continued efficiencies and simplification. Monitor AR balances and inclusion of sales and delivery personnel for remediation. Leads the Annual Financial Planning and forecasting processes for new sales, revenue, expenses and capital budgets for LMS.
- Presents the financial plan to the LMS leadership team.
- Interprets the strategic goals and provides the supporting detail.
Directs the monthly, quarterly and year-end closing activities to accurate financial reporting.
- Directs the financial support for monthly business reviews.
- Directs ongoing variance reporting to business leaders.
Establishes strong business partnerships with the LMS leadership team (primary support Global Ops)and drives strategic initiatives to support growth
- Provides financial, strategic and tactical analysis.
- Strong role in the development of tactical and strategic objectives to facilitate revenue retention and sales growth
Establish strong relationships with EBS finance and develop plan for OTC longer term to best meet the growth of the organization and increase scalability Directs business case and financial analysis of all LMS investing activities including CapEx, acquisitions and organic investment.
- Coordinates with senior management to ensure alignment of investment activities with the LMS strategic objectives.
Promotes opportunities for knowledge sharing and skill building within the finance function that helps develop talent at all levels.
- Optimizes organizational performance by ensuring processes are in place to attract and to retain top talent.
- Drive continuous improvement by leveraging technology, automation and elimination unnecessary and/or duplicative work and processes
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Bachelor of Commerce in accounting or finance required. CPA (or equivalent) or MBA in accounting or finance strongly desired.
- Minimum of 12 to 15 years of progressive business and financial experience, including lead operational financial management roles.
- Strong business acumen-understand the key financial drivers and dynamics related to growth and revenue goals of a large, matrix organization
- Proven ability to interact and influence business partners in a dynamic business environment. Proven influence and "push back" skills with business partners.
- Significant experience in accounting and/or finance, including financial analysis and reporting, software capitalization, and project accounting.
- Ability to operate with a high degree of autonomy in making decisions and implementing change.
- Project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects with competing demands for limited resources.
- Proven management skills
- Ability to effectively manage and build relationships in a matrixed environment
- Leadership skills in developing and training staff
- Ability to work extended hours on a regular basis
- Ability to travel as required by the needs of the business
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top