Vice President Capital Markets - Compliance and Operations
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
We are seeking a highly motivated candidate to lead the Financial Risk and Compliance vertical to build the service vertical and manage client engagements and work with other regions to deliver professional services for our global accounts.
The Financial Risk and Compliance team focuses on key risk and compliance issues for large financial institutions namely:
- OTC trade documentation review and negotiation
- Regulatory and compliance reporting
- Trade and communication surveillance
- FATCA implications on Client onboarding & Institutional KYC
- Reference data for internal and regulatory reporting
- Regulatory mapping and obligation management
Specifically, this role is responsible for:
- Lead the strategic direction on technology initiatives leveraging TR products and external partnerships.
- P&L responsibility for the service line with focus on client penetration and expansion of relationships with key accounts.
- Build, develop and lead a highly effective and motivated work force with clearly defined mission and aligned objectives Identify key skillset requirements, develop subject matter expertise and define deliverable structure and content.
- Responsible for ensuring business objectives and budget are met, whilst driving up service and execution performance and quality.
- Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams, quality delivery of work products; manage project economics and risk
- Conduct periodic business review with clients, resolve client escalations, liaise with client and sales team to expand our engagement.
- Drive customer satisfaction by overseeing ongoing refinement and development of operational requirements and standards, and champion adoption of industry best practices.
- Standardize and simplify processes to enable cost effective operations; define an effective set of performance measures and KPIs,
- Will work closely with Customers, Customer Segments, Strategic Business Units, Development, Delivery and Service Organizations to provide transparency and ensure buy-in, support and measurable ROI.
Travel - The work may include travel to onsite engagements nationally as well as internationally as per client engagements.
- Masters degree in business administration
- Certifications related to US financial regulations
- Minimum of 15 years of consulting, advisory managed services experience focused on risk and compliance engagements for financial institutions.
- Experience managing global services delivery teams
- Ability to build technology partnerships and design service offerings.
- Achieved high degree of customer satisfaction through delivery of successful implementation projects and building strong customer relationships at executive level
- Extensive experience in selling, designing, and/or delivering complex technology solutions.
- Consistent track record in meeting short and long term financial metrics, including profitability.
- Experience managing cross functional teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team work and leadership skill.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top