Vice President, Benefits - Americas
- Eagan, MN
As the VP Benefits, Americas, you will be responsible for the overall strategic direction of US and Canada benefit programs, ensuring programs support TR's strategic objectives and align with Reward architecture. You will work closely with members of the Reward and People team, along with business leaders and employees, to design, optimize and implement programs that allow Thomson Reuters to attract and retain top talent while maximizing our investment. Our goal is to provide benefits and wellbeing programs that help to improve the health and wellbeing of our employees while ensuring an exceptional employee experience.
- Lead team on designing, implementing and managing competitive, innovative and cost-efficient programs
- Ensure operational excellence through continuous vendor improvement and streamlining processes
- Create an exceptional employee experience by providing innovative solutions, making it easy for employees to navigate their benefits and wellbeing programs
- Partner with Sourcing to lead contract negotiations for strategic vendor renewals, ensuring best terms and meaningful SLAs
- Provide leadership on high-profile projects (i.e., redesign initiatives, key vendor implementations, M&A/divestitures, outsourcing, DB de-risking / annuity purchase)
- Ensure health and retirement programs support global wellbeing strategy
- Communicate effectively across the organization and develop strategic relationships with business partners, senior leadership, and corporate functions
- Oversee IBNR, fringe and various benefits/retirement budgets and cost centers
- Develop recommendations on benefit pricing strategy for senior leadership
- Manage invoice approvals up to applicable thresholds
Communications & Engagement
- Oversee strong communication strategies for improved awareness and engagement
- Ensure systems and platform provide best-in-class user experience
Compliance & Governance
- Oversee compliance & governance of benefit plans, ensuring alignment with internal controls & audits
- Serve as a plan fiduciary
- Chairperson for US & Canada Design, Compliance & Administration retirement plan sub-committee
- Member of various retirement committees (Investment & Funding and Canadian Pension Management)
- Member of various ERISA appeal and severance committees
Analytics, Data Management & Plan Research/Design
- Develop data-driven proposals and measure benefits efficiency through financial expenditures, competitive benchmarking, claims data, plan participation, market trends and demographic changes
- Continually benchmark programs to ensure competitiveness including providing regular reporting and updates on market trends, thought leadership and competitive data
- Experience with a wide variety of North American benefit programs including retirement (DB, DC, and non-qualified plans), health & welfare plans, ancillary benefits, and HR policies; exposure to Latam and/or international benefits an asset
- 10+ years' experience in a broad, benefits-focused role (5+ years leading teams)
- Bachelor's degree required
- Advanced certification (CEBS, SHRM) a strong asset
- Strong financial and quantitative skills, ability to use data analysis to proactively derive insights and support fact-based decision making
- Ability to build business cases and develop papers for committee & board presentations
- Ability to partner and influence across HR and with business leaders, build relationships, collaborate and influence outcomes
- Understands and embraces technology and has demonstrated experience delivering benefit programs and communications using digital platforms and capabilities
- Effective communicator at all levels, and customer service driven
- Ability to apply rigorous statistical metrics and execute processes to analyze and measure the effectiveness of benefit programs and initiatives
- Strong working knowledge of IRS, DOL, ERISA, HIPAA, ACA, COBRA and FMLA regulations
- Experience working in a large, global organization is preferred
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services - Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Back to top