Vendor Operations Senior Specialist
The Global Operations Strategy organization within Thomson Reuters is seeking a high-energy, motivated individual who combines strong vendor operations and management skills with business and technology acumen for the position of Vendor Operations Senior Specialist, reporting to Director, Content Vendor Program Management. The successful candidate will be a key member of the Content Vendor Strategy and Operations team and will play an important role by working closely with global content vendors and vendor strategy team from a daily operational perspective, streamlining operations and commercial processes while continuing to strive for innovation, business value and customer satisfaction.
Content Vendor Strategy and Operations (CVSO) partners with Global Content Operations, Editorial and content vendors to enable delivery of world class content and products that are current, complete, and correct.
In addition to the below responsibilities, this role will also:
- Provide leadership in maturing the organization to an Optimized state by bringing the Maturity Assessment in progress to its logical conclusion.
- Project management assistance on key 2020 initiatives by providing inputs from the CVSO Operations team and liaising closely with business and technology.
Vendor Performance management
- Maintain a Vendor Road map of spend, contracts, SLAs and overall health.
- Monitor vendor Performance and provide trending analysis
- Act as point of escalation for service delivery or performance issues
- Partner with GCO and vendors to implement corrective measures and improvement programs to resolve escalated performance issues
- Conduct and report on customer satisfaction surveys with appropriate stakeholders
- Assist in contract changes and amendments, along with associated processes and approvals
Issue and Dispute Management
- Manage vendor issue and dispute escalation process
- Partner with GCO and vendors on execution of corrective measures and remedial actions to resolve escalated issues and disputes
- Track and report resolution of issues and disputes
User rights, access and data management
- Data management using internal systems such as VRTS and other similar systems/process for data conversion
- Facilitate, manage and monitor vendor users' access and associated escalations
Budgeting, Invoice and Payments
- Create, track, analyze and report actuals vs. budget, trends, and cost saving initiatives
- Manage monthly accrual process
- Create, monitor and maintain Purchase Orders
- Verify invoices and liaise with AP to facilitate timely payments
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field.
- Minimum of 6+ years of vendor or supplier management experience, preferably in operations; strategy experience a plus.
- Progressive program/project management experience a plus
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL
- Proven discretionary judgment with ability to resolve both routine and non-routine issues.
- Proven stakeholder management skills.
- Proven communication skills and exceptional service attitude.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Team player, self-starter, flexible and adaptable.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multitasking environment.
- Working knowledge of computer-based systems such as Microsoft Office, and AP systems such as MarkView, Ariba etc.
- Clear understanding of the Vendor management processes.
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills.
- Basic knowledge of legal terms, conditions, and creation of contracts and agreements.
- Intermediate project management skills.
- Six Sigma training/certifications a plus
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top