UX Senior Designer
We are seeking someone with a passion for user experience design to assist us in developing our next generation of web-based enterprise software products. We have multiple solutions in the web and Rich Internet Application (RIA) space that require new innovative UX designs. Our systems are used by professionals in different regions of the world working in sophisticated enterprise-level applications with rich interaction models.
As a UX Designer you will define and execute an iterative UX development process to design & prototype future web-based products while also serving as a liaison between the corporate UX team and our business unit. This position requires an individual who is successful with working in an environment where priorities change based on frequently evolving business needs. Deadline driven project assignments and our agile approach to development processes require a professional with excellent adaptability and communication skills. Are you the person to make our vision a reality?
- Participates in user experience (UX) projects at all levels by acting as the UX project lead
- Partner with product teams to identify end user business needs, develop design strategies and communicate your design solutions
- Interpret customer and user research findings, design and specify user interfaces using iterative design techniques including design studios, stakeholder reviews and usability testing
- Produce design deliverables such as sketches, scenarios, wireframes, and prototypes as part of the software development lifecycle.
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas and detailed design rationale both verbally and visually
- Accountable for the quality of work, delivered within agreed procedures and timeframes and focused on internal and/or external customer needs
- Evangelize UX design throughout the organization by contributing to and refining establishment of department UX standards and practices
- A minimum of 3 years working in a UX designer, human factor design or information architect role
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a design-related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Proven ability to work in a cross-discipline, highly-collaborative open and creative team
- Comfortable in a client facing role to perform user research and persona definition
- Highly creative, detail-oriented and passionate about delivering the best user experience possible
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently while managing multiple UX projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in mockup or design applications such Balsamiq, Adobe Creative Suite, or other
- A portfolio demonstrating relevant experience in user-centric design
- Background in visual design a plus
- Experience in iterative prototyping a plus
- Experience working in an agile development environment a plus
- Excellent communication and writing skills
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Ann Arbor-Michigan-United States of America
Back to top