User Experience (UX) Designer
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Position Title: User Experience (UX) Designer
Thomson Reuters Labs investigates the application of new technology to Thomson Reuters products. Technologies we are investigating or actively using include Blockchain, augmented reality, machine learning and end-to-end encryption.
Labs are not tied to any particular business unit (Finance & Risk, Legal etc.) meaning that we are involved in a variety of projects across a number of different subject areas.
The team itself is multi-disciplinary comprising specialists in software engineering, experience design, product and project management.
Product or Service
Labs are involved in a large range of projects leveraging a multitude of different technologies so a successful candidate is unlikely to be assigned to a single product or service. Information about specific projects would be discussed in the course of the interview process.
Working with software engineers, interface designers and domain specialists you'll improve existing Thomson Reuters products and services and help to define and build entirely new products and services.
- Understanding, qualifying and framing the problem or opportunity in collaboration with your colleagues.
- Considering and/or collecting a number of inputs (sociological and technical change, user feedback, product management requirements, analytics, design critiques and your own personal opinion)
- Generating a number of outputs (flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes, user stories)
- Communicating, discussing and (possibly) adjusting these outputs with your colleagues/customers and finally
- Working with the team to make things happen to their logical conclusion.
- Software engineers, interface designers, end user and project stakeholders.
- Substantial on-the-job UX experience
- Worked in a multi-disciplinary team
Essential Skills & Qualities
- You'll need to be able to:
- Conduct thorough and well-documented desk research
- Plan and run meetings/workshops
- Plan, conduct and document users interview and user testing
- Develop schematics and wireframes
- Write well e.g. you can put convincing copy on your wireframes
- Are an attentive listener, interpreter and communicator
- Are proactive and self-motivated
- Have eye and point-of-view on design
- Think creatively
- Enjoy solving problems
- Can defend a position, is flexible and diplomatic
- Are accurate and have good attention to detail
Desired Skills & Experience
- Animation/motion graphics
- Video editing
- Product mangement
- Define user stories
- Define analytics requirements
- A relevant degree.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, colour, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top