User Experience Researcher
Come and join the largest and fastest growing UX team in Thomson Reuters! We are a highly-diverse, multi-disciplinary team of over 50 UX professionals that take great pride in our work, and love the challenge of turning complex problems and constraints into elegant solutions that meet our users' needs. Our dedicated, open work space is ideal for promoting an agile, collaborative, supportive environment where diverse thinking, innovative design and experimentation is welcomed and encouraged. Our work focuses on a large portfolio of cloud-based, data-driven applications for the Legal market that gross over $3.5B annually, and range in size and scale from months to multiple years.
As a UX Researcher, you'll be fundamental to our product development process. You'll join a team dedicated to conducting user research for global projects. You'll work closely with other researchers, product developers, designers, and engineers to plan and execute research studies.
The ideal candidate loves both facilitating and observing research sessions, taking thorough notes, analyzing data and mapping findings to research goals. Excellent written communication is a must as this individual will be responsible for documenting research results.
- Design research approaches and methodologies
- Facilitate research studies
- Fill the role of primary note-taker who not only takes near-verbatim notes but can facilitate debrief sessions to review findings
- Analyze research data collected through qualitative and quantitative methods
- Map findings to research goals
- Design research deliverable templates
- Write and/or proofread research findings reports
- Act on best practices and look for ways to improve overall team processes and deliverables
- Up to 40% travel
- Work with a geographically disbursed team
Skills and experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, psychology, or in a discipline that involves communication and or research (communications, English, sociology, anthropology, economics, etc.) although degrees in other disciplines are welcome to apply
- 2 years experience as a UX Researcher
- Excellent observational analysis skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and electronic communication skills
- Video editing and communication design skills
- Previous experience creating training materials (written, video, etc.) a plus
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top