U.S. Editor, Reuters Breakingviews
Reuters,the news and media division of Thomson Reuters, is the world's largestinternational multimedia news provider reaching more than one billion peopleevery day. Reuters provides trusted business, financial, national, andinternational news to professionals via Thomson Reuters desktops, the world'smedia organizations, and directly to consumers at Reuters.com.
The world's leading provider of real-time financial commentary is seeking an experienced journalist in New York to lead our talented team of editors and columnists in the United States. This is an opportunity to shape the agenda on corporate finance, economics, markets and policy in the world's largest economy at a pivotal moment in history.
Building on our long-established reputation for speed, accuracy, clarity and insight, the U.S. editor will combine access to senior executives, financiers and policymakers with razor-sharp analytical skills, original thinking, and the ability to tackle complex concepts with lively, engaging arguments.
The role involves:
- Leading a team of a dozen editors and journalists in New York, Washington and Dallas to produce agenda-setting financial commentary for Reuters clients, the Breakingviews website and newspaper customers, on tight deadlines.
- Maintaining and broadening contacts with senior executives, bankers, investors and policymakers.
- Working with Breakingviews editors in London and Asia to ensure seamless coverage of important stories and identifying cross-border themes.
- Working with Breakingviews' commercial team to identify opportunities to expand our readership and develop new products.
- Promoting Breakingviews by participating in conferences, appearing on television and radio, and maintaining a robust social media presence.
The successful applicant will have:
- Demonstrable ability to generate agenda-setting insights for a sophisticated global audience
- Detailed knowledge of banks, markets and the core concepts of corporate finance
- Experience of recruiting, motivating and managing teams of skilled financial journalists
- A solid base of high-level contacts among bankers, investors and policymakers
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top