Come and join the largest and fastest growing UX team in Thomson Reuters! We are a highly-diverse, multi-disciplinary team of over 40 smart, self-driven UX professionals that take great pride in our work, and love the challenge of turning complex problems and constraints into elegant solutions that meet our users' needs. Our dedicated, open work space is ideal for promoting an agile, collaborative, supportive environment where diverse thinking, innovative design and experimentation is welcomed and encouraged. Our work focuses on a large portfolio of cloud-based, data-driven applications for the Legal market that gross over $1B annually, and range in size and scale from months to multiple years.
The UI Developer is responsible for working with designers, information architects and a team of developers to define HTML markup and create custom CSS stylesheets for complex, information-rich web and mobile applications. This position is perfect for someone who is passionate about the CSS and HTML, can follow coding standards already in place but wants to stay up-to-date on technology to help improve the code base, and is not afraid of new challenges.
- Associate degree in a technology-related field required (Bachelor's degree preferred)
- Knowledge of web standards and accessibility (W3C and s508)
- Minimum 2 years experience developing front-end web applications
- Portfolio of work
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of web standards, accessibility, CSS-driven layouts and manipulating the DOM
- Implement browser-independent designs and cross-browser issues (IE, Firefox, Safari etc) on all platforms
- Good eye for aesthetics and detail; can faithfully convert Photoshop design specifications into a functional, standards-compliant website
- Modular CSS, SASS mixins and functions
- Developing for mobile and tablet devices
- Understanding of AJAX and jQuery (other JS libraries like backbone.js, and angular JS) is a plus
- Ability to follow technical specifications and production processes
- Ability to adjust graphics and create / optimize graphic assets as needed to complete designs
- Ability to work with source/version control software
- CSS image sprites
- Ability to communicate ideas and collaborate with developers, designers, information architects, copywriters, project managers and executives.
- Strong time-management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Innovative and a self-starter
Scope of Influence
- Ability to interact with other team members, both in UXE team and wider cross-functional capacity (technology, content, marketing, product development)
- Ability to build consensus between technology, quality and business groups and justify design decisions
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top