Thomson Reuters is the Answer Company™. We provide authoritative content, advanced technologies and human expertise to help our customers find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Thomson Reuters has recently announced the expansion of its Canadian operations with the creation of a new technology center in downtown Toronto, Ontario. Toronto is home to an emerging ecosystem of extraordinary technology talent and the new center will be the preeminent hub of innovation.
- Develops, influences, leads and drives strategic transformational program plans throughout F&R Tech and across other ET&O business units
- Delivers business change projects and deliverables across all phases of the project life cycle
- Reports directly into the Global Head of Transformation
Responsibilities include but aren't limited to:
- Develop the program plan and actively lead the program
- Identify, track, collaborate with appropriate contributor(s) and analyze key metrics for the business
- Coordinate and manage cross-functional teams to improve business planning methods
- Provide thought leadership on process and reporting improvements that will drive efficiency and decision-making
- Keep cross-functional teams aligned on priorities and up to date on next steps
- Drive the execution of strategic cross-functional initiatives, projects, and commitments most important to the leadership team
- Attend meetings and participate in projects with – or on behalf of – Global Head and represent top-level interests
- Facilitate effective use of functional meetings such as Weekly Planning Meetings and Monthly SteerCo
- Collaborate with monthly SteerCo presenters and craft presentation
- Produce quarterly CTO and Business Unit update report
- Manage process for collecting, executing, tracking and auditing materials to prepare documentation for key partners
- Understand roles and responsibilities for all stakeholders involved and enable their successful execution on requirements
- Manage ad hoc projects
- Experience running large-scale projects or programs (with teams based in multiple locations) to successful delivery within specified time frames while facing major change and ambiguity
- Knowledge and understanding of Thomson Reuters, the market it competes in and its strategic objectives is highly desirable
- High level of proficiency with MS Office applications (especially PowerPoint and Excel)
- Experience with large-scale process management and process improvement initiatives
You will be fully competent in the following areas:
- Problem solving and decision-making
- Stakeholder management
- Business planning
- Program/project management
- Process improvement
- Change and transformation management
- Project communication/reporting
- Bachelor degree with 5 years of relevant experience or non-bachelor degree holder with 8 years relevant experience
- Professional certification such as PMP from the Project Management Institute is highly desired
- Ability to clearly communicate and work through all means of management (including influence) by adapting style to reflect changing needs of the business
- A strong consultative, strategic and analytical approach which is focused on internal and external customers
- Demonstrate multitasking skills in a fast-paced environment
- Strong executive presence
- Ability to handle objections and respond professionally
- Decisive and results driven
- Team player mentality
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top