We have a rare and exciting opportunity for a Training Specialist to provide online and digital product training for customers and/or employees to support new sales, increase customer usage, drive growth, develop new business and contribute to retention. The role will focus on our Core Legal product suite including Thomson Reuters Westlaw.
In addition, you will act as a "champion" across the range of Thomson Reuter's online products and services, promoting usage and ensuring customer participation at all points along the development cycle.
This role is one of 6 Trainer roles across ANZ reporting to the Team Leader - Core Legal training.
About the role
You will have the following key responsibilities:
Client Training for new Business & Retention (65%)
- Identify at risk accounts and develop customised training that delivers increased usage and retention numbers across the online products
- Arrange, create and deliver training to all new customers assigned by Account Manager
- Partnership with territory Account Managers to create structured presentations and conduct demonstrations to help support pre-sales
- Deliver training as required by the commercial team to support tender activity.
- Accurately record all activities (client contact, training events, pre-pipeline opportunities) to provide transparency to the business.
Customer Support (15%)
- Provide second level research support to customer and TechCare teams
- Log all support calls as activity history in SFDC for reporting
- Contribute to the review and maintenance of training support materials on the Customer Portal, creating new guides and videos as needed to support online platforms
Internal training, Administration and Reporting and Market/Industry Knowledge (20%)
To succeed in the role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Training Qualification or Certificate IV in Workplace Assessment & Training
- 2+ years of previous legal or formal training experience, preferably in a corporate or Legal environment
- Assisted in the design, delivery and evaluation of online training programs including the design and delivery of elearning modules
- Experience with preparation of support learning materials such as User Guides, Tips and videos
- Commercial experience or in-depth knowledge of working with online information products and services
- Working knowledge of elearning software tools: E.g. Camtasia, captivate, MS Office Suite, SnagIt
- Understanding of legal concepts; application and practice of law in Australia is strongly preferred
- Strong communication & highly developed presentation skills, with an ability to think on one's feet and communicate complex concepts to demanding groups of professionals
- Ability to field questions and control training sessions.
- Ability to create support documentation and videos
- An energetic 'can do' attitude, with high levels of initiative
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to build strong relationships with clients and peers
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a high performing team
- Strategic thinker - the ability to learn new concepts quickly and to 'think outside the square'
- Current driver's license (own vehicle a must)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Pyrmont-New South Wales-Australia
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top