The Customer Service Training Consultant is responsible for providinglearner-centered development programs designed to teach Customer Servicepersonnel the skills needed to perform on the job, for evaluating performanceand developing quality assurance measures for the Legal Customer SupportOrganization. All training and qualityefforts are designed and delivered with the specific intent of increasing jobcapabilities and customer satisfaction and retention. This position requiresthe skills needed to design and implement training initiatives, analyze andimprove business processes, evaluate performance and to manage large scaleprojects. It also requires staying current in effective training techniques andtechnology as well as business goals and objectives.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Responsible for efficiently developing curricula for Customer Service professionals
- Conduct needs analysis to determine training needs and delivery methods
- Partner with Training Team, Customer Service leadership and other internalstakeholders to deliver needs-based training
- Determine appropriate instructional procedures/methods and developcorresponding curricula and reference guides
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing training, evaluate projected newcurricula and programs to determine overall effectiveness
- Evaluate customer contacts andprovide feedback and coaching
- Monitor thedepartments existing quality program to determine overall effectiveness and develop ongoing enhancements and improvements
- Develop effectivecommunication vehicles to ensure training and quality programs are fullyunderstood and appropriately valued by the learners and other stakeholders
- Lead quality sessions with repsand calibration sessions with managers
- Performs otherrelated duties and projects as assigned
- Create, design, and develop a wide variety of learning materials such asfacilitator guides, online training, self-study guides, case studies,demonstrations, and simulations
- Migrate instructor-led training to online asynchronous learning whereappropriate
- Complete all projects in an efficient manner, always evaluating the value ofthe project to the business to determine the appropriate time and resources todevote to the project
- Consult with internal stakeholders on ways to leverage training with respectto their business plans and goals
- Effectively incorporate adult learning principles into all components of curriculum
- Apply businessacumen to build and document the business case for investing in learning anddevelopment programs
- Plan and implement projects by developing action plans, obtaining resources,and completing assignments in a timely manner to ensure learning goals areachieved
- Communicate effectively by expressing thoughts and ideas in a clear, conciseand compelling manner
- Model personaldevelopment by actively identifying new areas for one's own personal learning;regularly create and take advantage of learning opportunities; apply newlygained knowledge and skill on the job
- BA or BSrequired
- Instructionaldesign certification or coursework is preferred
- 2 years progressive experience in training and development is preferred
- Strong business acumen and leadership experience
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Ability to produce large quantities of work within short timeframes whennecessary
- Must be able to originate a creative and innovative approach to customersupport training needs.
- Must have excellent communication/presentation skills along with demonstratedcoaching/mentoring skills.
- High level of energy and confidence with ability to stimulate and motivateattendees.
- Working knowledge of Thomson Reuters' products is helpful.
- Extensive experience with scope, design, development, execution and assessmentof learning content -in business environments, preferably in customer supportareas
- Demonstratedproject management skills.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Excellent written communication skills. Proven business writing skills and useof vocabulary, grammar and letter structure
- Strong listening skills. Seeks clarification and complete understanding of anissue prior to action
- Builds on-going business relationships within and outside of the customersupport areas
- Utilizes discretionary decision making to effectively achieve outcomesbeneficial to all departments and to all parties trained
- Identifies and finds solutions to potential training problems which may besystemic to the organization
- Open, honest, professional. Displays confidence and courage in difficult anddiverse situations
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and able to work independently
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top