Training Specialist - 12 month FTC
We have an exciting full time 12 month FTC opportunity for a Training Specialist to provide online and digital product training for customers and/or employees to support new sales, increase customer usage, drive growth, develop new business and contribute to retention. The role will focus on our Core Legal product suite including Thomson Reuters Westlaw and Practical Law.
In addition, you will act as a "champion" across the range of Thomson Reuter's online products and services, promoting usage and ensuring customer participation at all points along the development cycle.
This role is part of our ANZ Training Team reporting to the Head of Customer Training, Asia and Emerging Markets
About the role
You will have the following key responsibilities:
Client Training - new Business & Retention (65%)
- Identify at risk accounts and develop customised training that delivers increased usage and retention numbers across the online products
- Arrange, create and deliver training to all new customers assigned by Account Manager
- Partnership with territory Account Mangers to create structured presentations and conduct demonstrations to help support pre-sales
- Deliver training as required by the commercial team to support tender activity
- Accurately record all activities (client contact, training events, pre-pipeline opportunities) to provide transparency to the business.
Customer Support (15%)
- Provide second level legal research support to customer and TechCare teams
- Contribute to the review and maintenance of training support materials on the Customer Portal, creating new guides, videos, tips and elearning tools as needed to support online platforms
Internal training, Administration and Reporting and Market/Industry Knowledge (20%)
To succeed in the role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- 2+ years of working in a legal or corporate in-house Legal environment
- Highly development legal research skills
- Strong communication & highly developed presentation skills
- Ability to think on one's feet and communicate complex concepts to demanding groups of professionals
- Ability to field questions and objections in an open forum
- An energetic 'can do' attitude, with high levels of initiative
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to build strong relationships with clients and peers
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a high performing team
- Understanding of legal concepts; application and practice of law in Australia is strongly preferred
- Commercial experience or in-depth knowledge of working with online legal research products and services
- Experience with preparation of support learning materials such as User Guides, Tips and videos
- Assisted in the design, delivery and evaluation of online training programs
- Current driver's license (own vehicle a must)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Pyrmont-New South Wales-Australia
Back to top