Trainee Software Engineer
- Develops, deploys and supports applications from initial ideation to implementation. Development is done in a variety of environments, but mainly Java on a Linux application server using Oracle as the database.
- Develops software solutions by studying requirements; conferring with business users and analysts; studying system flows and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Willingness to operate in a diverse platform and has experience working with multiple project environments
- Ability to handle support and development work items from multiple projects concurrently
- Analyzes product requirements and contributes to the design, development and implementation of the software modules.
- Improves operations by collecting information from support incidents, conducting system analysis, root cause analysis and provide issue resolutions.
- Willingness to learn new technologies, cross-train self and team members in different skills and tools.
- Awareness with Agile project development methodology, SCRUM, continuous integration process.
- Assists team lead with project development estimates and timelines.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top