Trainee Content Analyst - Japanese Language Specialist
What is the primary purpose of this role? How does it contribute to the achievement of overall business objectives?
- Responsible for database administration and sourcing of exchange and contributed data.
- Working with other staff, begin to own the contributor relationship between Thomson Reuters and the local exchange, contributor or data supplier for day to day operations.
- Ensuring that relevant information is maintained and delivered in an accurate and timely manner.
- The position is within Data Operations which supports data across Thomson Reuters products and services.
What are the primary responsibilities and accountabilities of this role?
- Process and maintain data accurately and in a timely manner onto databases using technical and financial knowledge for Japan.
- Translate the content from Japanese to English where required.
- Communicate & liaise with internal and external departments for resolution of data queries.
- Developing expertise in data related issues. Build up knowledge of financial regulations and market practices/conventions in relevant markets.
- Maximize usage of available tools/support to best of advantage to maintain/improve content quality during daily operations.
- Ensure data quality, accuracy, timeliness and completeness per company standards for the covered product/market.
- Test new database/application releases where appropriate, providing expert user feedback.
- Support specific projects, as assigned by manager.
- Adhere to change control procedures, data operations standards and current data policies and procedures.
- Responsible for delivering high productivity and quality data.
- Proactively identify and resolve data problems.
SCOPE & IMPACT
Describe financial responsibilities (e.g. budget, revenue, OI, gross sales etc). What is the business impact and geographic scope of role? Detail people management responsibilities? (include typical team size).
- Provide accurate and timely data for Thomson Reuters products within defined metric criteria.
- The primary scope is around Japan market and Japanese content but is not limited to Japan/Japanese language markets.
- Responsible for assigned market data within defined region.
- Works with project team members for projects of small to medium scope.
- Accountable for the quality of own work, delivered within agreed time-frames and quality standards.
- Quality of work is regularly reviewed by manager to ensure it is delivered within the parameters of timeliness, accuracy and completeness.
- Decisions taken are made within guidelines set by the manager.
- Receives direct guidance and supervision in day to day work.
TECHNICAL / PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
What are the critical skills that a successful incumbent would possess: e.g. fluent in German, expert at unbiased writing, expert decision maker, working knowledge of risk management, basic awareness of investment banking, expert at mitigating conflict.
- Effectively communicate both internally & externally.
- Proficiency in speaking and writing English. A second language may also be required, depending on what market is supported and must be able to speak and translate financial terms.
- Should be able to work under pressure. There would be a need to over-stretch during the busy season to manage volumes.
- Understanding of Financial Markets Analytical and detail-oriented.
- Basic computer knowledge is mandatory, such as Microsoft Office.
- See Content Competencies on the Learning Link for additional information on expectations/knowledge requirements.
RELATIONSHIPS: INTERNAL / EXTERNAL
What are the important relationships that strongly influence success? How critical is the customer relationship?
- Analysts need to liaise very closely with team members, Quality Analyst, with more senior team members within organization as well as helpdesk associates.
- Build relationships with sources and third party data providers.
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT: The Candidate should be proficient in Japanese Language Skills to Read and Write. The candidate should also have completed at least level 4 exam/ certification
Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top