Trainee Content Analyst
At Thomson Reuters, we deliver intelligent information quickly and efficiently, so professionals have knowledge to act. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial, legal, tax and accounting, scientific, healthcare, and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Position : Trainee Content Analyst
The content team in Bangalore is responsible for the collection and maintenance of high quality data across a wide range of financial markets and asset classes. The analysts are required to source the information from the public domains/contributors and enter the information in the database using proprietary collection methodology including adding value to the information. This information is time critical and requires to be processed within the set targets and quality parameters.
Essential Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
- Process and maintain data/information accurately and in a timely manner onto Thomson Reuters databases using financial and technical knowledge
- Take responsibility for data quality, timeliness and completeness, this includes root cause analyses of recurring issues
- Respond to data queries from both internal and external clients by taking complete ownership for the queries
- Research new and review existing sources to ensure that quality, timeliness and automation are improved
- Promote continuous improvement through research and analysis of queries/data quality control and seek efficiencies in work practices to achieve automation where possible
- Test new database/application releases where appropriate, providing expert user feedback.
- Build up knowledge of financial regulations and market practices in relevant markets and Monitor market events in order to anticipate the changes
- Understand Thomson Reuters products to provide a higher degree of service and better data to the client
- Support specific projects and data enhancements
- Daily Update of reports/timesheets/production reports
- Pre sales requests related to mapping new loan portfolios for potential clients.
- Going through existing portfolio clients to ensure accuracy and to check for updates to priced leverage loans.
- Assist Loan Pricing Evaluators with broker sheet submissions with regards to adds/deletes from trading runs.
- Periodically perform audits and test controls of loan pricing data.
- Cleanse newly submitted portfolios from clients.
- Produce analytics for internal and external clients.
- Cleanse price challenges sent to bond desk that do not break tolerance.
- Generate and examine quality assurance reports.
- Timely response for all Bond Pricing Queries for the Bond Desk teams.
- Work closely with Pricing Evaluators, Municipals and pricing Group and other data groups to resolve service requests and action items.
- Research and respond quickly to all client issues, adhering to quality goals for accuracy, completeness, and timeliness.
- Provide management with info on which to base operational decisions by preparing an analysis of customer, employee, and operational impacts of client complaints as required. Maintain client issues in Siebel according to TR standard.
- Bachelors Degree with specialization in Finance & Accounting , Economics, Business Management
- Masters in Business Administration with specialization in Finance & Accounting
- Understanding of financial markets viz. equity, Securities (Bonds, debentures, derivatives), Stock Markets, regulations, Capital Market, Mergers & Acquisitions, Current Economy & Current affairs & Knowledge on Commodities markets
- Adequate knowledge of financial markets and market practices/conventions and ability to read and interpret a wide variety of financial information
- Excellent command of English both written and spoken
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Ability to work within a team and to build interpersonal relationships
- Should be able to adapt in a changing environment
- Candidate should be open to work in shifts
- Proficient knowledge and interest in world and business affairs.
- Very strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and Internet Explorer. Understanding of macros is preferred.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 55,000 colleagues in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected classification under country or local law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top