- You will develop and oversee the tools and systems that ensure every Reuters news story, video and photograph is accurately and fully tagged with the right information for our customers.
- You will be responsible for helping train the algorithms that automatically tag our news with the right people, places and things, and for managing the relationships between those tags.
- You will identify pain points and trouble spots, and work with global stakeholders to do whatever is necessary to eliminate them - in some cases working behind the scenes to address issues in near real-time, if the need arises.
- Review project requirements and execute projects independently by following the guidelines and deploying the tools/systems as applicable.
- Create standardized taxonomy and application process for all media types.
- Document processes and standards followed by the team thus ensuring a better training resource and a historical document available for future.
- Passion for news and changing the way we consume it and deliver to clients. Previous experience working in a news set-up is preferred but not essential.
- A self-motivated professional who has a strong understanding of metadata concept and structure and has worked on implementing a few projects.
- A minimum of two years of experience in the field is essential.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work both independently and as a team member will be critical.
- Most essential is a love for data and for the kind of exacting, detailed work necessary to ensure that Reuters News reaches the world, as it is meant to.
- Possess strong analytical/logical thinking skills and clarity of thought
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects. Willingness to work with a geographically distributed team structure in an environment that will be extremely fast-paced and challenging
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top