Top News Editor, Companies, Asia
Reuters is looking for an exceptional editor for its Top News Team in Asia to help drive ambitious coverage of the biggest companies stories. The successful candidate will be based in Singapore or London. The Top News Editor, Companies will be a cheerleader for business journalism at the highest level and will work collaboratively with Global Industry Editors, Bureau Chiefs and Top News Companies Editors in other regions to develop and present the top companies stories on the front page of our financial desktop, Thomson Reuters Eikon, and for our broader media and consumer audience.
This is a job for an experienced journalist who can inspire reporters to do their best work and has an ability to edit to the highest standards. The role requires an outward-looking and curious editor who will act as an internal voice of the customer, helping other editorial leaders identify and shape companies stories.
• Proven skill at editing distinct, ambitious, agenda-setting companies stories
• Ability to bullet-proof copy, spot gaps in stories and ask the right questions to elevate each story
• Strong ability to work collaboratively with others to create a pipeline of front-page worthy stories, drive a seamless editing process, and ensure that reporters get the feedback they need to deliver
• Ability to coordinate appropriate multi-media elements to enhance stories, from graphics to pictures and video
• A track record of editing sophisticated business journalism
• Ability to collaborate with others to create a smooth editing process for all
• At least 8 years' experience reporting or editing at a major news organization
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top