Thomson Reuters Pricing Service Specialist
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Thomson Reuters Pricing Service (TRPS) provides real time and validated end of day evaluated prices on over 2.6 MM securities. Our staff consists of over one hundred and seventy-five fixed income professionals in New York, London, Tokyo, Bangalore, Singapore, and Sydney. Coverage includes sovereign debt, corporate debt, convertible securities, bank debt, mortgage-backed securities, asset-backed securities, municipal securities, derivatives, and structured notes.
Position Title: Thomson Reuters Pricing Service Specialist
The Thomson Reuters Pricing Service Specialist plays an important liaison function for Thomson Reuters Pricing Service (TRPS) acting as the "voice" of TRPS and our customers. This role is a primary contact for external client contacts (e.g., vendor management, Valuation Managers, Risk and Compliance, etc.) and internal sales and marketing teams. This candidate will also be responsible for addressing queries related to valuation coverage, commercials, customer service, production and other general pricing vendor matters. The Pricing Service Specialist is expected to represent TRPS in pre and post sales activities with a mandate of increasing customer usage of TRPS fixed income evaluated pricing and related revenues.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Identify opportunities for evaluated pricing
- Assist in pre and post sales activity related to TRPS.
- Identify and proactively promote up sell opportunities with existing customers
- Organize and host client due diligence meetings
- Regularly meet with TRPS customers. Relay customer concerns / issues to TRPS management.
- Participate in client board meetings
- Work closely with account managers and sales teams designing and implementing TRPS sales and promotion strategies.
- Actively involved in product development. Help identify and proactively work on areas where both product quality and coverage can be improved.
- Set up regular sales meetings to review pipeline. Keep sales engaged and focused on TRPS and new offerings.
- Proactively reach out to customers solicit feedback and discuss new TRPS capabilities.
- See 'Role Summary' section.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience in a fixed income related role.
- Broad understanding of the EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) fixed income market.
- Strong fixed income experience including sales and trading, valuations, and vendor relations
- Comfortable in a client facing position.
- Good presentation skills (e.g., PowerPoint, webinars, marketing material).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self motivated and able to manage own workload with minimal supervision
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with bond analytics and various bond reference data
- Experience with Salesforce TRUST or comparable application used to track revenue opportunities
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top