Thomson Reuters Marketing Internship - Summer 2020
JOIN THOMSON REUTERS AS A MARKETING INTERN
Launch your marketing career and create a foundation for success with Thomson Reuters. Bring your energy and enthusiasm, and we'll bring the intern program that will help you gain valuable marketing experience.
Are you motivated to join a professional marketing organization and have a desire to be a part of a growing, successful, high performing team? If so, Thomson Reuters has exciting opportunities for you! The Marketing Internship is a paid position and will provide you exposure to our products, marketing concepts, customer insights and more.
*Candidates must be available to work full-time from the end of May/early June to mid-August 2020
The Marketing Intern will support the development and execution of multiple marketing projects aligned with the overall enterprise-wide objectives for the Thomson Reuters businesses in support of our overall business objectives. Internship placement will be in a specific business unit that is focused on segment marketing efforts for law firms, corporate in-house counsel, government agencies, or law schools; product marketing efforts; or a related marketing department.
Your primary role will include assisting with marketing related activities that impact our ability to develop accurate and impactful customer messaging, identify market white space opportunities, promote legal products and solutions, and deliver exceptional products to our customers.
This internship opportunity will enhance your knowledge and real-world insight into marketing and message development tactics.
- Assist in the planning, development and execution of a marketing strategy related a specific legal product line or customer segment
- Work with stakeholders to determine relevant information, documents, collateral, and material
- Assist in the marketing lifecycle strategies from inception to implementation for securing new customers, renewal/retention efforts, up-sell opportunities or lead gen efforts
- Provide support to the team on the execution of marketing plan activities, including customer awareness, social media, content marketing, website, collateral, and pricing strategies
- Execute demand generation campaigns across a variety of tactics including digital inbound, e-mail, direct mail, events, messaging, trade shows and sales engagement tactics
- Coordinate, execute, and track customer launch events
- Submit and manage job requests with Global Creative Servicesincluding writing creative briefs and marketing communications, and providing direction that results in compelling marketing deliverables such infographics, ads, digital marketing, e-mail, direct mail, events, messaging
- Create market facing content including but not limited to presentations, white papers (i.e., thought leadership), blog posts, testimonials, and case studies
- Assist with go-to-market launch internally across customer marketing teams, sales channels, and other corporate employees
- Update existing and develop new creative sales tools, marketing materials and sales training
- Update reporting and presentations as needed for marketing campaigns including analyzing the effectiveness (ROI) of marketing strategies and tactics with data analytics
- Maintain and post information to internal Marketing Hub and Sales Support pages
- Effectively work across boundaries by partnering with corporate partners such as Sales, Product Development, Creative Services, Market Research, Finance, Customer Marketing and other business leaders to support and shape associated marketing initiatives
- Current junior or senior in an accredited university; currently enrolled in a Marketing Bachelor's degree program
- Strong GPA required (3.0 or above)
- Previous marketing or communications experience a plus
- Proficient with using Microsoft Office Suite products
- Must apply by 03/06/2020 to be considered
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to conceive, manage and prioritize multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects through their lifecycle, including marketing & creative projects
- High level of self-direction, self-motivation, and energy
- Ability to effectively build relationships with cross-functional partners
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Lisa B.Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top