Thomson Reuters Labs Partnerships Manager
This role sits within our Financial & Risk ("F&R") business. On January 30, 2018, Thomson Reuters announced that it signed a definitive agreement to enter into a strategic partnership with private equity funds managed by Blackstone related to the company's F&R business. As part of the transaction, Thomson Reuters has agreed to sell a 55% majority stake in Financial & Risk and will retain a 45% interest in the business. Thomson Reuters will maintain full ownership of its Legal, Tax & Accounting and the Reuters News businesses. The transaction is expected to close in the second half of the year and is subject to specified regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions. When the transaction closes, the role will be included in the new F&R entity. Further information on this can be found at https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/press-releases/2018/january/thomson-reuters-and-blackstone-announce-strategic-partnership-for-thomson-reuters-financial-and-risk-business.html
Do you like big data? Working with startups? How do you feel about skunk works?
Thomson Reuters Labs, Singapore is located in the heart of Singapore's Central Business District and leverages the vibrant innovation and FinTech ecosystem in Singapore to drive experimentation and fuel collaborative projects across Asia. (More info at labs.tr.com)
What do we do? We experiment. We play with big data sets to discover what new products, services, or analysis we can create for our customers. You might be familiar with Reuters News, but you might not know that Thomson Reuters is also one of the leading sources of information for the world's top companies in finance, risk, legal, tax and accounting.
Thomson Reuters Labs - Singapore is looking for ways of working with startups and partners instead of competing against them. We're currently looking at startups and partners that are using AI, Blockchain, Big Data to solve complex problems for the financial, legal and tax and accounting industries.
We're on the hunt for more great innovations. That's where you come in.
We are currently seeking a passionate Ecosystem Manager with an entrepreneurial spirit to join our Lab in Singapore. You are creative, insightful, and live and breathe the art of the possible. In this role, you will manage key industry relationships with institutions and have the freedom to evaluate new companies and new technologies, looking for startups, universities and partners that could represent new strategic partnerships for Thomson Reuters from across Asia, potentially generating millions of dollars in new revenue.
- Graduate degree in a related field, such as business, finance, computer science, engineering, IS/IT, or other related discipline.
- Strong relationship management and reporting skills
- Manage relationship and deliverables with key stakeholders like internal business teams, government bodies, universities, regulators.
- Be responsible for the proper management, coordination and progress of deliverables to stakeholders.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with a willingness to put yourself out there.
- Expect to talk with startups and partners, explore their business, and discover if there's overlap between their customers and our customers.
- Socialize with internal teams to understand their priorities, their growth areas, and the needs of their customers and also to narrate a story of an innovation introduced by the Lab.
- Speak with customers to gauge their attitudes towards startups and how new technology could dramatically change the way they do business.
- Stellar research skills.
- Identify technology or market trends, and the companies that are on that trend.
- Research the startup's financials, including investment, sales, and cash flow.
- Identify key technology and ecosystem events to participate in/speak at/sponsor.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Thomson Reuters Labs is fast-paced and will be simultaneously evaluating or advancing relationships with dozens of startups, partners, industry players.
- Conduct and/or participate in events with accelerators, other innovation labs, and at tech events
- Experience building business cases.
- Exposure to Lean Business Canvas is a bonus.
Thomson Reuters is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals, and to do that, we seek talented, qualified employees regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other protected classification. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own. More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on: www.thomsonreuters.com.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top