Technology Project Manager (Privacy Matters Program) – 12 month FTC
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Position Title: Technology Project Manager (Privacy Matters Program) – 12 month FTC*
- Initial end date: 30th June 2018, may be extended depending on project requirements.
Business Unit: ET&O
Product or Service: Position is associated with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) compliance program.
Thomson Reuters is currently seeking a self-motivated, results-driven Project Manager who combines exemplary communication skills and stakeholder management with technical acumen and proactive leadership.
This individual will support the GDPR program in managing a range of remediation projects and initiatives in order to ensure compliance with the GDPR regulation in May 2018. The projects will have a focus on privacy, data governance and information security.
(The program has until now been run with support from an external consultancy and is now being transitioned back to Thomson Reuters.)
The GDPR projects are large, highly visible and cross-functional in nature and will require collaboration with a variety of business and technology areas and involve multiple global businesses and project teams.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Supporting the smooth transition of the program as external consultancy resource hand over to internal Thomson Reuters resource.
- Effectively communicates highly complex ideas at multiple organizational levels and modifies personal approach and style to reflect changing circumstance.
- Ensures appropriate sponsorship and works closely with partners in the business units to deliver projects in a matrix environment.
- Shapes, documents and executes projects of high risk, complexity and visibility, actively participating in all phases of the project.
- Ensures resources plans are established to successfully deliver projects.
- Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project.
- May develop or assist in developing business cases for large projects with significant impact to company goals.
- Responsible for producing all typical project documentation - detailed project plans, work plans, schedules, project estimates, conversion schedules, resource plans and status reports.
- Manages the analysis of project performance.
- Manages the development of effective reporting.
- Ensure the adherence to Project Governance / Compliance.
- Maintains a solid understanding of Privacy regulation and the industry response to GDPR and incorporates best practices as they emerge.
- Program Director
- Technology partners (including SBU GPDR remediation leads)
- Business Unit Security Officers
- Internal Audit and other governance groups
- Peers across ISRM & Privacy Office
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Substantial experience leading technical change projects
- Strong stakeholder management / influencing skills
- Ability to liaise with both technical and legal stakeholders
- Experienced in at least six of the 'desired skills' as outlined below.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Project Risk Management - Expert
- Project Staff Management - Fully Competent
- Project Communication - Expert
- Improving Project Performance - Fully Competent
- Problem Solving & Decision Making - Expert
- Change & Transformational Programs - Expert
- Business Knowledge - Fully Competent
- Project Dependency Management - Expert
- Financial Management & Project Accounting - Expert
- Project Estimating & Planning - Expert
- Project Governance & Assurance - Expert
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- Trained and certified project manager (e.g. PRINCE2)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top