Technology Project Manager - Mergers, Acquisitions & Divestitures (Eagan, MN location)
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Thomson Reuters is currently seeking a Project Manager to join our Enterprise Technology & Operations (ET&O) Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestitures (MAD) team. The Project Manager will define scope, initiate, and manage large enterprise-wide projects related to due diligence efforts (for acquisitions), integration efforts (for acquisitions), or transition services (for divestures) and provide accurate and high quality information regarding information technology requirements, approach, risks, and costs. Typical project scope will be greater than 6 months and involve more than 10 cross functional/cross departmental FTEs. These are complex and high visibility projects critical to Thomson Reuters meeting its financial and strategic objectives.
The process involved within acquisitions and divestitures strategically aligns with the overall goals of the ET&O organization by aligning new acquisitions to facilitate the company's shift to enterprise, unifies more than 10 business unit and corporate functions, accelerates our progress on scale and growth initiatives, sharpens our focus on allocating resources to our growth priorities. While the process for divestitures protects the interest of Thomson Reuters as well as the overall Enterprise Technology & Operations organization. Specifically, the role will report into the Corporate Technology Mergers Acquisitions and Divestitures, the individual will focus on Program delivery of large complex programs comprising of content transformation and accelerated growth programs.
- Develops business cases representing the technology operations role for acquisition and divesture activities
- Project Estimation and Planning – prepares and maintains overall plan for large, highly complex projects/programs, ensure program plans are kept up-to-date and adjusted with ongoing project activities and maintaining accurate project forecasts. Appropriately identifies when program/project is "off track" to project plans and takes immediate corrective actions, including adjusting plans to account for corrections. Leads project estimating sessions that span multiple departments and organizations
- Gains commitments and highly influential during the project lifecycle to ensure deliverables are met and the project is completed within budget.
- Manages the change control procedure gaining agreement for revisions to the project plan from the project stakeholders to ensure full impact and significant changes are understood by project stakeholders and executive sponsors.
- Project Communication - develops a communication plan to ensure all parties are aware of project scope, milestones, risks, and status. Highlights and explains any divergence from the plan. Identifies and manages effectively all stakeholders, provides visibility and transparency so that appropriate action can be taken by senior management. Deliver accurate and timely reporting for in-flight projects and programs
- Improving Project Performance – identifies and recommends opportunities for improving the delivery model by analyzing consistent themes in lessons learned information
- Dependency Management - leads analysis and ensures all impacts of dependencies are addressed in the overall project plan. Effectively works across the organization to ensure all dependent teams are aligned with the project plans and schedules
- Stakeholder Management – manages stakeholder relationships and ensure strong communication plans, both within and externally to the group.
- Senior Leadership Teams in business units and Technology groups
- Technology management teams (data center, IT operations, architects)
- Business Operations
- Integration Management Office
- Corporate Development
- Project and program management colleagues
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- 2 years of experience managing multiple complex, highly-matrixed and transformational technology projects with a global scope.
- Project management expertise to deliver projects within timescales and budget with proven success:
- Preparing technology proposals, setting direction, creating work plans, designing project milestones, and project governance approaches and driving results.
- Leading and inspiring diverse and virtual project teams
- Maintaining an innovative and flexible approach to problem solving with a focus on continuous improvement
- Remaining flexible and adaptive to changing requirements and abstract concepts
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude and high energy level with an ability to work collaboratively and build relationships at all levels within an organization.
- Bachelor's degree – in an IT and or business related field (preferred)
- Any of the following certifications a plus: Project Management Professional (PMP) or ITIL
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top