Technology Manager - Talent Acquisition
Thomson Reuters is the world's leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization. With headquarters in New York and major operations in London and Eagan, Bangalore Thomson Reuters employs more than 50,000 people in 93 countries. More information about Thomson Reuters and its financial performance can be found onwww.ThomsonReuters.com.
The Manager - Talent Acquisition is responsible for the day-to-day management of a team supporting full-cycle recruiting for Thomson hiring managers for entry-level up to leadership-level positions. The individual will lead a team of recruiters in meeting established recruiting performance targets and ensure the successful execution of the recruiting process from the receipt of approved requisition to accepted offers. He/She will work closely with the Head of Recruiting and the Human Resources Business Partner in identifying competitive marketplace trends that impact workforce planning, developing proactive recruiting strategies and creating and maintaining a candidate pipeline—particularly in the case of recurring, high volume position openings. In addition, the Manager - Talent Acquisition is accountable for building strong business connect with stakeholders within the organization and ensuing full compliance with Thomson policies and processes. The position functions as a business partner to senior leadership in their TA needs. The function operates with a focus on time, cost and quality (service and hire).
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Manages delivery of recruitment services to the business groups in India. 60% strategic and stakeholder accountability / 40% hands-on recruiting.
- Manages the relationships with business and HR Partners; ensures that recruiting is consistent with business goals.
- Consults with hiring managers and leaders to understand future recruitment needs of the organization and implements recruiting strategies to respond.
- Develops and communicates performance metrics to business management. Co-ordinates ad-hoc reporting, recruiting strategies progress and internal and external best practices progress.
- Continuously improves recruitment process and executes priorities as defined by the corporate and business recruitment leaders. Develops a proactive recruitment approach that anticipates the future talent needs of the business.
- Deep knowledge of a broad range of Recruitment policies and processes. In depth understanding of all recruiting components covering sourcing, qualifying & assessing, networking, job analysis, compensation and benefits trends, negotiation, relationship management, influencing, recruiting analytics and due diligence across the Industry and local market conditions.
- Handles highly-complex searches for open positions. Has deep understanding of the local labor market and is able to advise managers regarding hiring decisions.
- Provide oversight and direction to team on day-to-day recruiting activities.
- Manage work assignments among the recruiters to optimally align functional recruiting expertise with business needs and appropriately balance the work load.
- Deep knowledge of complex product, market and function in own area. In-depth understanding of a Business Unit or function, Skills & competencies and knowledge of relationships between all relevant groups within the company. Understanding client groups' been served and competitor landscape externally.
- Ensure that recruiters are effectively and efficiently sourcing, screening and interviewing candidates.
- Managing a team of virtual recruiters in another location.
- Provide effective onboarding for new recruiters and on-going coaching and training to further develop recruiting expertise within the team.
- Facilitate the development of shared candidate pools among recruiters.
- Ensure that sourcing specialists and recruiting coordinators are providing proactive sourcing, research support and administrative support to recruiters.
- Conduct periodic recruiting status reviews with business management.
- Design and rollout reporting and metrics for the HR and recruiting community.
- Design and rollout dashboards and analysis for senior business and HR leadership.
- Report regularly to the Head of Recruiting on the performance metrics of his team and assist in enabling the successful integration of recruiting processes, policy and technology for the market group and assure excellent service delivery.
- Support the recruiters, as necessary, in consulting with the hiring manager in making the final candidate selection, determining the offer package, negotiating/extending the offer and closing.
- Serve as first point of contact in resolving recruiting process or policy clarification issues escalated by either the recruiter or hiring manager.
- Oversee the reference/background check process on all candidates receiving offers and ensure that these meet the internal defined process and compliance.
- Monitor the applicant and recruiting information flow to the Recruiting System to ensure timely, accurate and complete data capture.
- Leads projects and contributes to country/regional level, global and enterprise initiatives.
- Graduate in any stream or Master's degree with specialization in Human Resource or Psychology.
- 12 plus years of recruiting experience in a large MNC Corporation is required, with a minimum of 5 years managing a team of 5 or more recruiters.
- 2 years experience working in a search firm or employment agency is a plus.
- Experience working in Product Development or Services based organization would be a plus.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong result orientation and demonstrated ability to create a high performance team in a metric-driven recruiting environment and effectively manage change.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, communicate effectively verbally and in writing, and develop and implement large, complex strategic programs.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship development/management skills in order to lead, influence and interact with individuals at all levels of the company.
- Strong analytical thinking skills and ability to develop and track metrics.
- Highly effective coaching and consulting skills with a proven track record in quickly gaining credibility and partnering collaboratively with business leaders.
- Demonstrated expertise in the use of standard sourcing tools (e.g., corporate websites, general job boards, Taleo, agencies, college postings and alumni organizations, open houses) as well as specialized sourcing strategies.
- Demonstrated expertise in working in global organizations and working with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of employment law and compliance requirements
- Demonstrated assessment skills in effectively evaluating candidates (training in behavioral event or competency based interviewing a plus)
- Very strong communication skills and executive presence. Demonstrated ability to deliver effective management briefings and executive reports.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage a team of 5 or more recruiters handling a workload of 20-30 open jobs at a time, recruiting support staff and associated processes.
- Demonstrated ability to become a valued, trusted partner by hiring managers and HRBPs
- High level consulting and influence management skills in working with HRBPs and business management in setting recruiting expectations, developing an effective, coordinated sourcing strategies, evaluating candidates and providing competitive market analysis
- Ability to use technology effectively and efficiently to manage departmental workload. Working knowledge of Taleo is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and ability to create documents, reports and briefing materials in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Establish relationship with senior leaders, business relationships, strong COE(Industry Recruitment Connect, Headhunters & Agency Partners) and global relationship networks, strong partnership with other HR functions(HRBP, HR Ops, Rewards) on driving and implementing People strategy.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top