Technology Lead - NLP
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
As a customer-centric organization, we provide the best services for our customers by helping them to get the maximum advantage of our products like linked data repository 'Content Matrix-Well' (CM-Well), Thomson Reuters Intelligent tagging (TRIT), and Atlas - an entity-centric map of the world, built from unstructured & structured content.
We are looking for a technical Technology Lead who is excited to lead a dynamic team of individuals skilled in a variety of technologies and capabilities and channel them in problem solving, building new platforms, features and services for our customers. This position requires collaboration with software architects, designers, product managers and partner teams. In this role, you will be a smart risk taker, an innovator who can deliver on tactical and strategy ideas and work with experts to execute them.
- Responsible for directing the project team; assumes ownership and responsibility for project delivery, project planning, work product, quality control and client management.
- Project Management - leads project planning sessions with team members to outline scope and approach. Typically works on multiple complex projects/issues at a time that often requires a strong subject matter expertise. Often working as a member of the project team(s).
- Partners with stakeholders across the company, both locally and internationally and Works closely with development teams to build and launch proof of concepts, features and programs.
- Communications/Status Reporting - maintains a clear line of communication with stakeholders and team.
- Prepares status updates for projects and regularly communicates and shares knowledge with rest of the firm.
- Leadership - spends a portion of time managing team or providing guidance. Has autonomy to make exceptions that follow established guidelines.
- Responsible for cost of own team/project, and/or contributing to forecasting budgets and recommending expenditure
12 years of professional experience with 5 years of technology team management experience involving any or more of the following: big data, content management, XML data modeling, metadata management, NLP, Machine learning.Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects, complex product development cycles in Agile environmentDefining the product and technology vision for critical aspects of the programSkilled in defining project opportunities and understand customer requirements, facilitates requirements collection, leads the transition from ideation to execution.Proficiency in leading cross functional teams distributed across geographies to deliver software projects on tight schedules.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top