Technical Support Analyst
Elite is a leading developer of integrated information solutions for professional services firms worldwide. Elite is part of Thomson Reuters and is a premier provider of financial and practice management systems to the legal industry and to other professional services markets, including accounting, marketing services, and management and IT consulting.
Elite develops proven software solutions and delivers expert professional services that help customers enhance their core business competencies and sharpen their strategic focus. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Elite maintains offices in Albuquerque, Auckland, Boston, Calgary, Hong Kong, London, Minneapolis, New York, Philadelphia, Singapore and Sydney. More than 60% of the AmLaw 100 and Global 100 law firms and nearly 30% of the top CPA firms rely on Elite solutions to manage their business.
Position Title: Technical Support Analyst
Position Type: Permanent
Role Purpose/ Summary:
The Technical Support Analyst serves as a primary contact in assisting customers to effectively utilize Elite software to meeting their firm's business objectives. The role is to provide Technical Support to the clients Elite within the UK, Mainland Europe and South Africa.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Problem resolution - Communicate and recommend complex business process, procedures and diverse information to resolve customer issues. Gather complete customer information, research internal knowledgebase and documentation for known solutions, isolate causes and take restorative actions while minimizing disruption to the customer's business operation and document steps taken. Field escalated problems and crisis customer issues providing communication to the customer and management staff. Identify and communicate common elements of incidents escalated to the appropriate internal groups (development/support management) to drive visibility and resolution. The technical analyst act as the voice of support to development and must be able to articulate actions taken by the support team towards resolution of escalated incidents to a diverse audience of participants.
- Customer satisfaction - Respond to and communicate timely and effectively with customers providing professional, courteous and knowledgeable service. Act with an appropriate sense of urgency and follow up to ensure issues are resolved to satisfaction and develop a rapport through successful personal interactions and customer account management skills.
- Teamwork - Interact with colleagues to effectively resolve customer issues on a timely basis. Coach, mentor and provide technical training to other analysts in the department to drive knowledge transfer. Participate in team and cross functional meetings to contribute suggestions and solutions to increase effectiveness. Develop and maintain subject matter expertise including specialty tools and utilities to troubleshoot and repair technical issues.
- Technical expertise - Acquire and maintain advanced level expertise of Elite software products operating platforms, in-depth knowledge of how customers can utilize or adapt the software to effectively manage their business both financially and operationally. Provide consultative support across a sub-set of the Thomson Reuters Elite product set or broad-based in-depth support for the entire product set.
Mandatory Skills and Experience:
- Significant technical support or related customer service experience in a software environment
- Exceptional customer service skills with expertise in troubleshooting and solving complex problems
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Excellent organizational, time management, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of computer hardware and network operating systems and expertise in troubleshooting hardware and software compatibility issues across various configurations
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Proficient technical knowledge of MS-Windows, MS SQL Server and concepts of SQL databases including advanced query analysis and/or engine optimization
- .NET Technologies
- Scripting (VBA, Korn Shell)
- Informix 4GL
- Reporting tools
Education/ Certifications Required:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top