- Provide specialist technical support for complex issues affecting Thomson Reuters products to customers, internal stakeholders, and 3rd party engineers.
- Proactively monitor client site devices and comms. Remotely resolve issues or using our 3rd party partners. Look for trends and implement preventative measures.
- Leverage innovative technologies to ensure globally-consistent support tasks.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Provide specialized technical support for Thomson Reuters products.
- Record all customer queries, interactions, and investigation progress in the CRM tools provided (Salesforce).
- Keep clients updated throughout case life-cycle.
- Follow all policies and procedures for managing and escalating customer issues to reduce resolution times.
- Interface with product support and development groups.
- Work with 3rd party service providers.
- Perform break fix activities affecting customer sites remotely and arrange for on-site dispatches when required using global consistent methodologies and tools.
- Provide expert technical support for problem resolution, including reproduction of customer issues.
- Provide high-quality technical advice to internal stakeholders and 3rd party engineers.
- Maintain awareness of relevant technical and product trends through self-learning/study, training classes, and job shadowing.
- Maintain client-site documentation.
- Escalate major, elusive, and recurrent issues that are impacting clients.
- Able to work in morning shift (start at 15:00GMT).
- Able to work weekend on rotation basis.
- May be required to work as part of the project implementation team to integrate Thomson Reuter's products at customer site.
- May be required to deliver technology or product training to customers.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Technical /Professional Skills & Competencies:
- English fluency required
- Excellent technical knowledge of Cisco, Juniper, Linux (preferably CCNA/Linux or similar qualifications).
- Strong Problem Management, analytical, troubleshooting and ticket management skills. Logical thinker/problem solver who is self-motivated and a strong contributor within a team.
- Introductory knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP, Multi-Cast, BGP, QoS, VLAN, VPN, MPLS, SSL, iGRP, OSP, IGMP, EIGRP and IP routing protocols
- Compass Open Stack, Elastic Search, Kibana, Graphana, or other tools is a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with customers and colleagues at all levels of technical and non-technical skill sets.
- Experience in a customer service environment and having outstanding Customer Service skills.
- Ability to work with virtual teams to successfully deliver projects or resolutions to escalations.
- Good understanding of project management principles.
- Basic level knowledge of financial markets.
- Independent worker with excellent time management and escalation skills.
- Demonstrates can-do attitude in challenging situations.
Certifications / Education:
- Describe any licenses, certifications or educational experiences that are either required or helpful in performing the role. Designate when required University Degree in information technology, or relevant experience coupled with industry standard certifications on operating systems, networking etc.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top