Thomson Reuters are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The successful candidate will be a member of a Platforms Team to drive an initiative to improve the efficiency of the Operational environment via automation. Currently FX Trading operates on over 2,000 Servers across 11 Data Centres globally. The successful candidate will identify and implement standard automated solutions to improve the management of the operational environment.
Key Responsibilities will be:
- Automating standard Operational Tasks including deployment, patching, routine operational tasks and system wide health checks.
- Collaborate with Development Teams on ensuring deliverables are structured to ensure efficient Operational Management.
- Mentor and develop automated skills within the Operational Groups.
- Support of issues escalated by 2nd Level Operational Support to ensure a successful resolution.
- Support of Development and Test environments.
- Provide technical support/information on Platform related issues to Architecture and Development Teams.
- Participate in the On-Call Support for the weekend.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable programming skills in languages such as Ruby, Python and Java.
- Experience with Orchestration andContainer technologies such as RunDeck, Kubernetes and Docker.
- Demonstrable development skills using automated deployment tools such as Puppet across a global server estate.
- System Management experience of working on a mission critical infrastructure where quality, resilience and performance are key.
- Exposure to Open Source Systems Management Tools.
- Proven ability to be able to work on own and with minimum supervision.
- Work well in a multi-skilled Team across multiple geographic locations.
- Excellent verbal communication and written documentation skills.
- Fluent in English (writing and speaking).
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience with Cloud providers such as AWS and Azure.
- Basic Networking Skills TCP/IP, CiscoSwitch exposure, NIC Teaming and failover
- Delivers a high standard of work appropriate for the Business critical nature of the systems.
- Work actively with Team members to develop solutions.
- Takes ownership of issues to ensure full resolution.
- Proactively collaborates with various Teams to share skills and assist them.
- Willing to cross train onto different skills as required.
Education & Certifications Required:
- Evidence of technical competence to support the role.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top