We are seeking an application support analyst to support Electronic Trading (ET). The successful candidate will combine strong hands on support as well as excellent organizational and collaboration skills that can be leveraged in a demanding and dynamic environment. You will work directly with all groups within Transactions to achieve provide the best service for our client base.
- Responsible for coordinating involvement from all parties involved in the delivery of application services to the client.
- Accountable for identifying and mitigating risks to the service delivery and proactively address and resolve issues before they impact service levels.
- Lead periodic problem analysis meetings with all parties involved in the delivery of application services to the client.
- Follow all established processes and procedures for both development and maintenance work.
- Lead the deployment of and support complex in-house & 3rd party applications.
- Escalate issues and seeking of advice from Level 3/development team on complex issues or problems in a timely manner.
- Facilitation of timely and effective remediation for all issues.
- Manage and lead assigned projects that will improve operational efficiency.
- Release management of new versions of trading platforms.
- Be prepared to work early/late and weekend shifts when required by business needs.
- Degree requirements - BS - course of study (e.g. Computer science, engineering).
- Strong experience and a good working knowledge of real time trading systems.
- Experience working in a 24/5 real time trading environment.
Essential Required Skills:
- Work experience supporting trading applications.
- Work experience within the financial sector.
- Extensive experience of managing client queries and problems.
- Excellent troubleshoot/problem solving skills across a wide variety of technologies and disciplines.
- Strong communications skills with a demonstrable ability to interact and influence at all levels within the organization as well as with clients.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Demonstrable experience of managing, owning and delivering high quality projects to objectives and within time scales.
- Working knowledge of UNIX or Linux operating systems.
- Basic SQL knowledge, ability to write simple queries.
- Script writing for log analysis. Scripting skills (Shell).
- Good working knowledge of application integration and testing.
- Knowledge of the FIX protocol.
- Financial sector and E-commerce experience, especially if gained from another trading platform.
- Experience supporting JAVA applications.
- Oracle databases
- Familiarity implementing and maintain industry standard application monitoring tools.
The Financial and Risk Business of Thomson Reuters is now Refinitiv. Refinitiv equips the financial community with access to an open platform that uncovers opportunity and catalyzes change. With a dynamic combination of data, insights, technology, and news from Reuters, our customers can access solutions for every challenge, including a breadth of applications, tools, and content-all supported by human expertise. At Refinitiv, we facilitate the connections that propel people and organizations to find new possibilities to move forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. Therefore we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world-regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
London-United Kingdom;Nottingham-United Kingdom
Back to top