WHY IS THIS JOB IMPORTANT?
The Technical Specialist primarily provides second level support to customers to resolve complex technical issues including reproduction of customer issues. This role will work closely with various product and development teams for alpha and beta program testing; acts as Subject Matter Experts on strategic products to help internal stakeholders and 3rd party engineers performing customer site maintenance and repair activities; and leverages innovative technologies to ensure global consistency of support tasks and customer service focused experience
SOME OF DAILY TASKS YOU WILL PERFORM:
- Provide engineering expertise on several complex desktop products, such as Eikon, Messaging and FX Trading.
- Perform customer site break fix activities remotely (or dispatch to site when required) and full time on-site, using global consistent methodologies and tools.
- Support alpha and beta programs
- Provide second level support for problem resolution, including reproduction of customer issues.
- Give feedback to development and qualification teams.
- Act as experts in their areas to provide high quality advice about the products assigned to internal stakeholders and 3rd party engineers.
- Interface with product support groups and development groups.
- Escalate major, elusive or recurrent issues that affect customer satisfaction.
- Deliver technical training to both front line support teams and 3rd party engineers.
- Support pre-sales teams in the provision of demonstrations, and provide advice on architectural design, functionality and integration aspects
- Maintain awareness of relevant technical and product trends through self-learning/study.
YOU RECEIVE (PROFESSIONAL):
- Casual and diverse office environment where colleagues come from over 30 countries
- Competitive salary
- Flexibility and home-office opportunities
- Two additional days off for voluntary jobs
- Access to Thomson Reuters products with real-time economic data
- Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare, pension (what), Multisport card and more
- High standards of ethics in the workplace
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
- Bachelors degree or equivalent technical qualifications
- Preferably 3 years of work experience in an IT organisation with large scale financial technical operations
- Strong knowledge on Windows operating systems, networking, & IT Security
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP networking protocol
- Strong effective communication skills both oral and in writing. Fluency in a second language is an advantage
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top