Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Thomson Reuters Technical Services is searching for a motivated person to fill a Technical Support position. The team is currently made up of highly skilled, energetic individuals that possess strong analytical, technical, and customer service expertise. We work in the fast-paced environment of Market Data and our customers expect timely and accurate resolutions. We are looking for individuals that exude ownership and follow through on commitments to our customers. The qualified candidate will be expected to adapt quickly and should have a strong desire to learn.
- Provide specialist technical support for issues affecting Thomson Reuters products to customers, internal stakeholders, and 3rd party engineers.
- Remotely monitor TR devices on client site and comms status to proactively resolve issues or implement preventative measures.
- Leverage innovative technologies to ensure globally-consistent support tasks.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Provide specialized technical support for Thomson Reuter's products.
- Record all customer queries, interactions, and investigation progress in the CRM tools provided (Salesforce).
- Keep clients updated throughout case life-cycle.
- Follow all policies and procedures for managing and escalating customer issues to reduce resolution times.
- Interface with product support and development groups.
- Work with 3rd party service providers.
- Perform break fix activities affecting customer sites remotely and arrange for on-site dispatches when required using global consistent methodologies and tools.
- Provide expert technical support for problem resolution.
- Provide high-quality technical advice to internal stakeholders and 3rd party engineers.
- Maintain awareness of relevant technical and product trends through self-learning/study, training classes, and job shadowing.
- Maintain client-site documentation.
- Escalate major, elusive, and recurrent issues that are impacting clients.
- Able to work in morning shift (start at 23:00GMT).
- Able to work weekend on rotation basis.
- May be required to deliver technology or product training to customers.
Technical/Professional Skills & Competencies:
- English fluency required.
- Additional business level Japanese or Cantonese speaking and writing skill is a plus.
- Introductory knowledge of TCP/IP (preferably CCNA or similar qualifications).
- Strong Problem Management, analytical, troubleshooting and ticket management skills. Logical thinker/problem solver who is self-motivated and a strong contributor within a team.
- Basic technical knowledge of Linux.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with customers and colleagues at all levels of technical and non-technical skill sets.
- Experience in a customer service environment and having outstanding Customer Service skills.
- Ability to work with virtual teams to successfully deliver projects or resolutions to escalations.
- Good understanding of project management principles.
- Basic level knowledge of financial markets.
- Independent worker with excellent time management and escalation skills.
- Demonstrates can-do attitude in challenging situations.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top