Technical Solutions Developer
Elite is looking to hire a Junior Software Developer (Technical Solutions Developer) to join our Technical Solutions Development team working on enterprise grade software systems on top of the Microsoft .NET development stack. This candidate should have a minimal of 1-3 years working experience as our Junior Software Developers are involved in all areas of development from design to development to testing.
Elite is a leading developer of integrated information solutions for professional services firms worldwide. Elite is part of Thomson Reuters and is a premier provider of financial and practice management systems to the legal industry and to other professional services markets, including accounting, marketing services, and management and IT consulting.
Elite develops proven software solutions and delivers expert professional services that help customers enhance their core business competencies and sharpen their strategic focus. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Elite maintains offices in Albuquerque, Auckland, Boston, Calgary, Hong Kong, London, Minneapolis, New York, Philadelphia, Singapore and Sydney. More than 60% of the AmLaw 100 and Global 100 law firms and nearly 30% of the top CPA firms rely on Elite solutions to manage their business.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the North America Services Manager of Custom Development, the Junior Software Developer (Technical Solutions Developer) are responsible for the development and implementation of custom software projects for customers using our flagship 3E product.
Additionally, the developer will be responsible for:
- Gathering customer's business requirements and advise customers on the appropriate solution available to them
- Preparing reports and other technical documentation on the status, operation and testing of developed solutions
- Designing, developing, and unit testing developed solutions in accordance with established standards
- Responsible for the development of agreed upon and defined custom solutions
- Designing and documenting the resolution of complex or unusual customer requirements
- Following best practices for delivering custom solutions
- Providing technical assistance to the Elite sales team where necessary (e.g. developing prototypes for pre-sales)
- Adhering to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Maintaining a high level of Customer Satisfaction on each project assigned
Desired Skills & Experience
The Junior Software Developer should be a self-motivated, goal-oriented individual who will be responsible for working on a team that builds software solutions based on client requirements. Our desired skills and the ideal candidates experience should include:
- 1-3 years experience working with SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle).
- 1-3 years experience working with querying concepts
- 1-3 years experience developing in XSLT, .NET and ASP.NET.
- 1-3 years experience working with integrations using Microsoft BizTalk or equivalent technologies
- Strong desire to learn
- Solid understanding of object oriented programming concepts
- Solid understanding of relational database design and querying concepts
- Familiarity with version control concepts
- Ability to work with others in a remote team environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of unit testing theory
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics
- Experience in the professional services industry is a plus
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Culver City-California-United States of America;Wayne-Pennsylvania-United States of America
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top