Technical Security Architect
- Minneapolis, MN
As an employee at Thomson Reuters, you will play a role in shaping and leading the global knowledge economy. Our technology drives global markets and helps professionals around the world make decisions that matter. Whether solving for today's challenges or tomorrow's aspirations, you will work with the industry's brightest thinkers on diverse projects, creating next-generation solutions that deliver powerful results. As the world's leading provider of intelligent information, we want your unique perspective to create the solutions that advance our business-and your career.
About the Role
In this opportunity as a Technical Security Architect within TR's Information Security Risk Management (ISRM)'s Security Architecture team you will:
- Serve as the Security Lead in the design, implementation and integration phases of business products and services to meet business security requirements; address corporate risks and exposures in cloud-based, endpoint and network technologies by clearly understanding business goals.
- Must be familiar with cloud-based enterprise security technologies and hosting models
- Maintain a deep understanding of core security disciplines, with close attention to developing industry trends
- Reports to management concerning residual risk, vulnerabilities and other security exposures, including misuse of information assets and noncompliance.
- Plays an advisory role in application development or acquisition projects to assess security requirements and controls and to ensure that security controls are implemented as planned.
- Strategically, should able to apply the industry best frameworks, able to leverage the threat modeling techniques and able to build the repeatable models to understand the business risk and strongly recommend the best controls
- Must be familiar and have a strong understanding of cloud-based enterprise security technologies, various hosting models, and infrastructure security technologies
- Own and independently able to build the end to end conceptual and logical patterns leveraging the knowledge from business as well as technology specialists. Conceptual patterns should be repeatable, traceable, and reusable amongst various lines of businesses.
- Collaborate with business and technology peers to understand business goals, use of application development processes and related tools
- Drive security design principles and requirements to enhance ISRMs ability to streamline the implementation of security controls into solutions
- Assessing secure development approaches, requirements, and evaluating existing solutions and providing strategic direction towards enhancements
- Be a thought leader and influencer in the emerging cloud architecture best practices which includes continuous delivery, security, multi-cloud strategy, and at the same time having a strong fundamental knowledge of Network, Infrastructure, and encryption technologies.
- Engage architects and business leaders to demonstrate the use of advance network and security tools andtechnologieslike IDS / IPS, Advance Firewalls, SIEM, VM, various VPN and PKIin the cloud or on prem setup.
- Serve as the Security expert and act as a catalyst to bring synergies amongst security architecture functional areas; infrastructure security, data security, cloud security, security monitoring and operation security, endpoint security, and application security
- Provide technical security expertise, including communicating security architectural decisions, benefits, risks and other activities including security requirement definition, and facilitation of security testing and management of residual risk
- Has good understanding of integrating secure code delivery process into software delivery life cycles using DevSecOps
You're a fit for the role of Technical Security Architect if you're:
- Comfortable operating in a dynamic, fast-changing, and innovative globally diverse environment
- An operating style that is collaborative, energetic, and results-oriented
- Demonstrates the ability to employ judgment and experience to make rapid, complex decisions
- Ability to influence others, earn followership, and drive consensus across stakeholder groups
- Exceptional critical thinking skills that extend beyond the typical information security subject matter
- The ability to flex styles to work well with a range of personalities from extremely technical team members to non-technical business leaders
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field required
- More than 10 years+ progressive experience in IT security, with a minimum of 8 years of working in IT Security
- More than 3 years of working security architecture efforts that requires close collaboration with project teams and business stakeholders
- CISSP certification; CISM, CISA, CRISC, CIPP, CGEIT certifications are preferred
- Good understanding of the leading TPPframeworks likeMITRE ATT&CK
- Well conversant with major security compliance frameworks such as CIS, NIST 800-53, PCI DSS, ISO 27001, GDPR, CSL, CSA CCM
- Should hold certifications in leading Cloud and Network Securitydomains like Azure and AWS space, knowledge on additional technologies like zScaler and deep understanding of Firewall, intrusion detection, web application firewalls, etc. is a plus
- Understanding of Security operations and SIEM related technologies like SPLUNK and vulnerability technologies like Qualys is a good plus
- Good understanding of integrating secure code delivery process into software delivery life cycles using DevSecOps
This position can be based in Minneapolis or Toronto
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services - Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Minneapolis-Minnesota-United States of America
Back to top