Technical Product Owner
JOB TITLE: Sr. Manager, Checkpoint
DEPARTMENT: Product Owners, Knowledge Solutions
LOCATION: Carrollton, TX or Ann Arbor, MI
REPORTS TO: Sr. Director, Checkpoint
The Checkpoint product owner collaborates with the relevant Segment Heads and Technology leads to implement the vision for the product system, including integration with other systems or platforms as part of an overarching product transformation strategy for Thomson Reuters Tax & Accounting. Represents the voice of the customer and maximizes the value of the product. Provides direction and team leadership to meet product, people and business objectives and deliverables. Establishes, builds and maintains relationships with internal and external stakeholders and customers as a representative of the organization. Contributes to investment planning and capital and resource management for Checkpoint.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and maintains an excellent understanding of the market environment, including customers and competitors and promotes good market awareness within the team
- Leads in collaboratively implementing the near-term and long-term product and product platform vision and communicating that vision to project teams and to the organization. Develops compelling business cases to obtain resourcing and funding necessary to execute.
- Drives innovation and differentiation across new and existing value propositions, product lines and services to address current and future client needs and position Knowledge Solutions and Tax & Accounting as a an information, workflow, technology and innovation leader.
- Connects with clients throughout the development process, especially in discovery and proof of concept development. Understands and effectively applies validation techniques (such as Lean Experimentation) to fully validate growth opportunities before seeking resource investment and funding.
- Initiates and translates product road map into manageable product backlog. Manages product dashboard and communications to internal teams.
- Liaises with segment product managers, technology leads, user experience leads, and editorial subject matter experts to establish a shared understanding of the features and changes in product requirements; supports release planning and sprint planning exercises.
- Make (or work with businesses stakeholders on) strategic trade-offs to ship and provide quality products and services on schedule.
- Maintains continuous velocity, ensures quality, eliminates escaped defects, and motivates the team; accountable for providing day-to-day support to the program development teams; daily interactions with development members; empowered to act quickly.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong track record of end-to-end proposition, product or service delivery on
multiple complex projects involving global, cross functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to understand commercial, technological and strategic
drivers in order to execute strategy
- Significant industry and/or senior product management experience involving
more than one major/discrete target client segment
- Strong working knowledge of software development practices including agile
- Demonstrated prior experience setting and executing on the strategy for a
portfolio of propositions, products or services
- Prior experience establishing and managing significant 3rd party relationships
including suppliers and collaboration partnerships in order to successfully
deliver a proposition, product or service to market
- Bachelor's degree in business is preferred; advanced degree and experience a
- Industry knowledge, subject matter expertise and specialized certifications in
Accounting/Tax is highly desirable
- Academic background or experience in human-computing interaction or
related field is highly desirable.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top