Technical Product Manager
The Thomson Reuters Elite Product Management team is looking for a talented Technical Product Manager to manage our eBillingHub product line, its leading electronic billing solution for the legal market. As a Technical Product Manager, you possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a big picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a released product to the market. You will work closely with Engineering to define the technical platform vision and roadmap, and serve as the product owner throughout the Agile development process. You'll work closely with Product Managers to develop innovative solutions to market needs, oversee execution of the product strategy and vision, and collaborate with a team of world-class engineering and user experience talent. The Technical Product Manager will have a passion for platform-based SaaS software strategies, customer-driven solutions, and delivering a world class user experience.
- Serve as the organization's Subject Matter Expert and technology evangelist for the eBillingHub platform.
- Monitor industry, competitive, software, and data trends from a technology perspective and summarize findings for Product Management and executive management to influence strategy and product planning.
- Work closely with the Product Manager(s) to turn high level strategy and vision into an actionable, achievable product roadmap. The Technical Product Manager will partner closely with Engineering to engineer a world class platform.
- Serve as product owner throughout the agile development process to ensure the product vision and market strategy results in released product.
- Write detailed user stories based on your product knowledge, industry experience, and market, customer, and competitive research.
- Constantly and consistently build and prioritize the user story backlog and lead Agile Scrum grooming sessions to communicate clearly the story intent and acceptance criteria.
- Participate in sprint reviews, story acceptance procedures, and daily product team activities.
- Work with UX team to design highly functional, usable, and visually appealing products and assist in testing their usability.
- Work with the Product Manager(s) and UX team to build innovative prototypes used to test customer acceptance and refine product ideas.
- Work with the Documentation team to ensure all product changes are adequately documented in release notes, online help, user guides, and knowledge bases and review the content for accuracy.
- Conduct product demonstrations and presentations on features at customer conferences and internal meetings.
- Provide pre-sales support to the Sales Engineering group and assist with RFP responses.
- Participate in product launch activities as required.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor degree required in a technical or business related field.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- 2 years of experience working with legal electronic billing, EDI or other data exchange platforms/practices.
- Expertise with Microsoft technologies is desired.
- Possess both technical and business acumen throughout the product management lifecycle and Agile SDLC.
- Ability to identify different types of technical and business focused user personas and design marketing messages and product designs that meet their needs.
- Strong self-starter that enjoys working in a fast-paced software development environment
- Exceptional communication skills, written, verbal and presentation.
- Ability to interact with and guide remote global product teams.
- Ability to define and translate business requirements into well designed functional designs and specifications that are easily understood by software engineers.
- Ability to define technical research plans, perform research, and author high quality presentations focused on technical concepts for internal and external audiences.
- Ability to communicate with Directors of IT and CIOs to discuss product and architecture vision.
- MBA or other advanced degree desired. Candidates with a combination of technical/engineering and business backgrounds are desired.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top