Technical Product Manager
Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters, is the world's largest international multimedia news provider reaching more than one billion people every day. Reuters provides trusted business, financial, national and international news to the world's media organizations via Reuters Connect and various feed delivery mechanisms, and directly to consumers at Reuters.com and Reuters TV.
The Technical Product Manager will focus on continuously improving our content distribution technology to meet the needs of our end users - publishers, broadcasters, OTT platforms, and various technology partners. The Technical Product Manager will be responsible for developing strategies and working with product and engineering teams to deliver solutions that extend our market position in flexible distribution. Specific technology components include building APIs and writing technical documentation for both internal teams and clients. Non-functionality requirements include reliability, scalability, performance and ease of use.
- Execute product vision for Reuters Connect API platform and communicate that vision to internal and external stakeholders
- Prioritize and manage roadmap for Reuters.com API service(s) leveraged between web, apps, and off-platform services
- Identify API market opportunities and build business case(s) for new features, products, and revenue streams
- Work closely with the engineering team and business stakeholders to produce documentation, wireframes, and user stories that satisfy client needs
- Maintain a healthy backlog of prioritized work, provide updates and demos to internal teams
- Work with cross-functional teams to define and prioritize dependencies and requirements for shared services and cross-platform work
- Perform product and technical analysis and present insights/recommendations
- Bachelor's Degree of equivalent
- Understanding of APIs, web architecture and SaaS commercial models
- 3+ years of experience operating, managing, and delivering results in a consumer-facing product management role
- Experience having ownership of deliverables for analytics or leading data-driven large-scale product features
- Experience working within product management on API or developer portals
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent communication, writing and interpersonal skills
- Passion for everything related to media
- Experience in technical product enterprise solutions and technical client facing integrations
- Fluency in English and one or more other languages is a plus
- Familiarity with DAM solutions and content licensing
- Master's degree in a computer science related field
- Real-world coding experience in Java, C++, Perl, Python, or Ruby
- Experience delivering commercial applications in AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
New York-New York-United States of America
Back to top