Technical Operations Engineer
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Job Title: Technical Operations Engineer - JREQ087865
Salary:Competitive plus benefits
Location: Canary Wharf, London
Thomson Reuters is seeking an experienced Technical Operations Engineer to join our TV Support & Operations team based in London. The successful candidate will primarily work in our fast-paced, 24/7 MCR operation responsible for the technical assessment, co-ordination and supervision of incoming news feeds and transmission of news coverage to Reuters video products. The individual will also be required to assist in other areas including technical planning, equipment testing, preparation and deployment, and direct operational support of equipment in the field.
- Multi-skilled operational role working in both the London MCR and as part of the wider TV Operations group.
- Technical supervision, configuration, routing and co-ordination of video/audio signals from linear and file-based sources, ensuring successful delivery of editorial content.
- Thorough and continuous assessment of signal qualities, ensuring that all areas of the operation run to a high technical standard.
- Preparation, testing and deployment of equipment for field operations.
- Perform proactive health checks to confirm functionality of key systems and first-level fault diagnosis.
- Quick identification of service-affecting issues and effective liaison with support teams globally to ensure they are professionally addressed.
- Continually review and optimise operational protocols to ensure they meet business needs.
- Maximise service quality and efficiency for internal/external customers through appropriate forward planning and the effective management of multiple tasks.
- Work closely with senior staff and support teams to ensure the prompt and efficient flow of appropriately detailed information to all stakeholders.
- Work various shift patterns as required, including night shifts. Possibility of travel at short notice.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Good knowledge of video (including associated signal formats and standards), conversion techniques for linear and file based video, file transmission methods and practical IT infrastructure and connectivity.
- Quality assessment skills required to supervise TV operations to a high technical standard.
- Good levels of situational awareness and the ability to work efficiently under pressure.
- Good written/verbal communication skills for the clear flow of detailed information.
- Willingness and pro-activity to assist in all areas of the operation plus an ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Excellent understanding of customer requirements and an ability to adopt the most appropriate approach to meet their needs.
- Previous experience of Broadcast TV Operations.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience of the convergence between traditional broadcast and IT technologies.
- Other related TV operational/engineering skills
- About Thomson Reuters
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, colour, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top