- Carrollton, TX
Technical Editor CPA - Dallas, TX
Looking for an excellent work-life position outside the Big 4, large or mid-sized accounting firms?
Desire a professional environment without the busy season hassle?
Check this job out!
As a full-time editor in our fast-growing audit and accounting business at Thomson Reuters, you will have the opportunity to apply your public accounting and technical skills in a highly professional environment, without the headaches of public accounting. This is a dynamic job that allows you to fully utilize and continuously expand your technical skills, develop information and technology solutions for accounting professionals in CPA firms or corporations across the U.S. and globally, while working with leaders in the profession and other highly expert audit and accounting professionals.
Location: The Dallas Region's booming economy adds an average of nearly 400 additional people per day. These incoming residents have a diverse range of housing choices, from urban lofts, to white picket fences, to rambling suburban estates, in neighborhoods and schools that are equally diverse and nationally recognized. Connecting these communities are one of the fastest-growing public transit and highway systems in the nation.
The Technical Editor will use your extensive accounting and auditing practice experience to:
- Design, develop, and update unique audit and accounting solutions relied upon by accounting professionals in CPA firms or corporations throughout the U.S. Show direction on electronic tools that provide practical, step-by-step instruction for our customers and optimize customer retention rates.
- Apply technical expertise and exercise professional discernment in identifying significant topics and practice problems and providing practical guidance and practice insights.
- Design useful practice aids and other tools.
Technical Editor will also:
- Contribute oversight for the efforts of other project team members, including other technical editors, outside authors and in-house content management and software development personnel to ensure that deadlines are met and that mentorship is practical and accurate.
- Collaborate with in-house customer service, tech support, and sales to bridge the gap so customers' needs are properly identified and supported.
- Communicate with customers (CPAs in public practice and in corporations) to resolve their needs, and ensure that our products are responsive to those needs.
- Identify new product development opportunities based on current technical developments, results of communications, and personal experience and expertise.
- Research technical inquiries received from customers and provide answers or references to other Thomson Reuters products.
- Monitor groundbreaking products and recommend appropriate response.
- Assist with marketing and strategic development projects as requested.
- CPA required.
- Manager or Senior Manager with over 5 years' experience in public accounting or comparable relevant professional/corporate experience, including broad-based technical accounting and auditing knowledge and strong technical research skills.
- Ability to execute assignments in a timely, competent manner, and identify update features, practical insights, and other improvements to our products.
- This applicant would be a manager or senior manager with a Big 4, large or mid-sized accounting firm, who is looking for a professional environment without the busy season hassle.
- Experience with nonprofit accounting requirements desired.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services - Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Ann Arbor-Michigan-United States of America;Carrollton-Texas-United States of America;Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Back to top