In this position of Technical Consultant you will become part of a very customer focused team that works in a fast paced environment in order to enhance our customers business performance. Technical Consultants partner with our customers and drive change in their business through leading software implementations and recommending ideal workflow within an accounting firm. As Technical Consultant you are a vital component to the accounting firms transition experience. The ideal candidate understands how an accounting firm operates, has been a driver of any kind of software implementation, and is comfortable interacting with customers. This positions focus is on implementing the Thomson Reuters Tax & Accounting integrated CS Professional Suite and Enterprise Suite software product lines. This lineup of software is designed to be implemented in both small and large accounting firms.
This position involves travel throughout the U.S.(some of Canada) and can be a virtual position for non-local candidates.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet with customer's to determine business and technical needs.
- Recommend optimal system configuration and business processes based on industry best practices.
- Prepare and present implementation plans for customer approval.
- Manage and execute implementation plan including directing staff resources (both internal and external), evaluating results, creating documentation of newly created processes and managing overall engagement.
- Train client personnel on use of software solutions and business practices.
- Build and maintain client relationships supporting their use and application of Thomson Reuters Tax & Accounting products.
- Minimum five (5) years of prior work experience in a professional role.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
- CPA firm experience or experience running business operations is highly desired.
- Software implementation experience is highly desired.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the year for regional and on-site sessions throughout the U.S. and Canada.
- Strong business acumen in regards to accounting firm operations
- High proficiency with MS Office
- Knowledge of CS Professional Suite and/or Enterprise Suite products is a plus.
- Candidate must be results oriented and capable of working independently in the field.
- Strong communication, project planning and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple engagements concurrently.
- Highly developed interpersonal, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- Ability to quickly master product and business best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally in a team environment.
- Strong industry knowledge (related to particular business unit or product lines); understanding of tax/accounting concepts as they relate to product lines.
- Ability to interact with various client roles from managing partners, professional, and clerical staff.
- Must be capable of working in a virtual office environment anywhere in the US.
Why is Thomson Reuters a great place for me to work?
Each of us brings a unique perspective to our work. That perspective is shaped by where we live, the business we advance, and the decisions we influence. But true impact isn't something any of us achieves alone. It's only possible when ideas connect and talents are shared. Together, the power of our perspectives will move the world. That's why you're being invited to Bring it.
What are Thomson Reuters' core values?
Trust: We act with integrity and independence by holding ourselves and each other to be ethical and reliable in all we do.
Partnership: We work together, with each other, with our customers and with industry partners to deliver superior results and experiences.
Innovation: We innovate to serve our customers, drive our growth and win in dynamic business environments.
Performance: We deliver results, excelling at work that positively impacts the world.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top