Technical Account Manager
As part of the account team, the Technical Account Manager (TAM) role is responsible for owning the technical relationship with the client/partner.
- Sales and account strategy
- Participate in developing technical account strategy with Accounts Managers Pre and Post sales support for providing technical solution.
- Work closely with Client Specialists and Sales Specialists to provide pre-sales support and project scoping.
- Promote value added solution services.
- Support achievements of goal for Strategic Targets.
- Keep clients updated on Thomson Reuters technologies and product roadmaps and ascertain potential prospects for future sales.
- Provide cost estimates of technical activities for quotation purposes. Technical and service
- Provide expert technical advice to clients and internal customers.
- Accountable for analyzing, documenting and communicating internally client/partner's technical infrastructure.
- Proactive regular meetings with clients to review infrastructure requirements, systems capacity, service quality, service issues, satisfaction with technical services and keeping clients informed of progress of any promised actions or remedies. Focus on high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Provide the technical interface to clients during problem resolutions including keeping clients informed of progress and remedial actions being taken.
- Provide feedback from clients to internal support groups on service expectations and service performance perceptions, capability issues and enhancement ideas..
- Take the lead escalation point for either Client or Thomson Reuters internal group.
- Monitor and drive Global Service Level Agreement performances where applicable.
- Support beta testing by identifying suitable sites and gather beta feedback.
Skills and Experience:
- Degree in technical or information technology with broad PC and Networking knowledge will be preferred.
- Client facing skills, in a Service Management or Technical Business role.
- Strong communication skills, negotiation skills and service ethic.
- Understanding the customers` workflow from a technical point of view.
- Feeling at ease working in a complex matrix organization and with remote teams.
- Service management certification (e.g. ITIL) is an advantage.
- Fluency in English.
- The Technical Account Manager (TAM) owns the technical relationship with the client, chairs regular client service reviews, is responsible for Thomson Reuters initiatives whilst being the technical go-to person responsible for the client's end to end technical and service experience. The TAM is responsible for the technical arm of the Account team. The job holder is ideally placed to identify business opportunities discovered as a consequence of their Trusted advisor status.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top