Technical Account Manager
Technical Account Manager -
This position works closely with the Account Management team to provide pre-sales support, post-sales support, management of technical escalations, and assistance in managing campaigns and projects across the account base. Drive client loyalty/satisfaction by ensuring high reliability and performance of Thomson Reuters' services and products.
To own the technical relationship with the client, chair regular client service reviews, be responsible for Thomson Reuter's initiatives whilst being the technical go-to person responsible for the client's end to end technical and service experience. The Technical Account Manager (TAM) is responsible for the technical arm of the Account team and is a key partner to the Account Manager, Client Specialists and Specialist Sales person. The TAM is ideally placed to identify business opportunities discovered as a consequence of their trusted advisor status.
- Provide technical assistance to the Account Management group, answering client configuration questions, assisting in new client proposals, and assist in managing larger product installs, as well as management of major technical client escalations.
- Provide assistance to clients in assessing the suitability of currently installed services, software and infrastructure for current and future industry and market requirements.
- As new products become available, provide guidance on the benefits, features, and application of these products in the client's environment.
- Project Manage installation and integration of all significant or high risk/strategic value services.
- Coordinate with Account Management, Engineering, and Order Management groups to implement new products.
- Serve as an escalation point/single point of contact for any significant client technical issue (either service or installation related).
- Manage capacity at the client site through frequent review of bandwidth reports and system level capacity reports.
- Perform a dual advocacy role - promote and support Thomson Reuters' products and services to clients; advocate internally to ensure that assigned clients receive the best possible service from Thomson Reuters.
- Key measurements of success are the ability to: increasing client satisfaction, retain revenue and support new sales
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Degree in Technical or Information Technology( or equivalent work experience) with broad PC, Networking and technology knowledge and experience.
- Knowledge of the Financial Market.
- Significant work experience in open systems environments including networking technologies, different hardware platforms and current operation systems.
- Excellent communication, critical thinking, analytical skills and the ability to interact at VP levels in large client firms or C level executives at medium and smaller firms.
- Excellent client facing and presentation skills.
- Must be able to quickly grasp technical concepts and apply them in a variety of contexts.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem management skills in a high pressure time sensitive environment.
- Project management or Service Management certification is an advantage
- Experience with applications to support financial markets.
- Training/experience in negotiation skills, presentation skills and communication skills will be helpful in succeeding in role.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top