Technical Account Manager
As the trusted technical Advisor to Thomson Reuters customers, the Technical Account Manager (TAM) is responsible for the adoption, health & growth of Thomson Reuters (TR) technology, data and platforms within their book of business serving as well as point of contact for Technical service escalations.
The TAM is accountable for developing and reinforcing strong and effective client relationships, particularly with key stakeholders and decision makers.
- Offer consultative direction to customers by staying abreast of external technology and business trends along with in depth knowledge of internal TR product strategy.
- Stay current with innovation and financial industry trends to guide customer and internal TR stakeholders. Understand the customer's technology infrastructure and strategy by partnering with key technology owners and influencers at the client.
- Focus on championing strategic product roadmaps with respective accounts to ensure that TR products evolution is fully understood and leveraged by TR customers.
- Own the presentation of roadmap to key stakeholders and decision makers to promote effective product adoption and facilitate renewals.
- Strive for new business opportunities through relationships with senior customer executives, achieving revenue and market share expansion.
- Represent the client's strategic technical and functional needs, and influence TR product owners to understand and address these requirements in their product roadmaps.
- Act as TR's technology representative for projects, including migrations and strategic upgrades. Own and drive project steering committee meetings with the client's technology and business stakeholders along with TR service organizations and program management.
- Ensure that EOL programs are achieved according to plan and with minimal customer disruption including TR infrastructure, content, applications, support and professional services.
- Coordinate and document service reviews (monthly, quarterly, etc) with the client's technology and business representatives for respective account(s) and proposes quantifiable service improvement plans.
- Perform capacity planning through regular reviews of bandwidth reports and systems capacity reports.
- Explain statement of service and promote customer self-help.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
TECHNICAL / PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
Previous relevant experience within financial industry in technical advisor/pre-sales consultant capacity is strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with experience in driving conversations and relationships with key stakeholders, influencers and decision makers.
- Robust and proven communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convince and influence decision makers.
- Robust and proven project management skills within a dynamic and high pressure business environment with the ability to focus on multiple visible projects at the same time.
- Understands key institutions and market players, and uses the concepts and language of the sector accurately.
- Maintains a forward-looking view of key trends, initiatives and opportunities within financial markets, advocating the best way to overcome new or unforeseen challenges faced by customers. (and their supporting processes and technology)
- Maintains a robust internal and industry network to keep apprised of key trends within financial markets.
- Managed large and complex Technical implementations, working and influencing internal and external resources to achieve goals on time and within budget.
Business Development/Sharing Insight
- Uses customer insight and collaborative techniques to uncover new, untapped opportunities across customers' entire organizations, including up-sell, cross-sell, new-new opportunities, and new market entry.
- Makes use of innovative and creative application of Thomson Reuters capabilities to develop those opportunities.
- Engages and drives conversations at appropriate leadership / influence levels.
- Recognize, handle and appropriately responds to customer objections.
- Meets objections with persistence and determination.
- Determined and tenacious, the TAM uses his/her demonstrable subject expertise to influence and convince decision makers and key stakeholders.
Product and Technical Expertise
- Demonstrates deep expertise on the Thomson Reuters products, capabilities, content and services.
- Relates to audiences based on understanding of technical requirements
- Recognizes pitfalls related to implementation of products and solutions
- Provides Thomson Reuters with insight into the customer strategy, their business and their customer's business, anticipating and managing emerging trends.
- Can develop and implement an effective strategy to help customers overcome their challenges and maximize the benefits to Thomson Reuters.
- Is a strong advocate for the customer within Thomson Reuters and leverages and utilizes all possible internal and external resources to achieve the goals for Thomson Reuters and for the customer.
- Effectively communicates and partners with internal stakeholders such as Account Management, Client Specialists, Sales Specialists, Program Managers, Implementation & Engineering teams, Market Development, Design and Manage and Build and Operate teams.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top