Tech Lead- F&R
This role sits within our Financial & Risk ("F&R") business. On January 30, 2018, Thomson Reuters announced that it signed a definitive agreement to enter into a strategic partnership with private equity funds managed by Blackstone related to the company's F&R business. As part of the transaction, Thomson Reuters has agreed to sell a 55% majority stake in Financial & Risk and will retain a 45% interest in the business. Thomson Reuters will maintain full ownership of its Legal, Tax & Accounting and the Reuters News businesses. The transaction is expected to close in the second half of the year and is subject to specified regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions. When the transaction closes, the role will be included in the new F&R entity. Further information on this can be found at https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/press-releases/2018/january/thomson-reuters-and-blackstone-announce-strategic-partnership-for-thomson-reuters-financial-and-risk-business.html
A growing global company is seeking a talented and motivated Senior WAN engineer to join its Global Project Engineering team. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of the team that is responsible for designing and engineering, an advanced carrier class WAN environment in an enterprise setting. This fast-paced environment will challenge your knowledge of BGP, MPLS, QoS, Multicast, Cisco and Juniper hardware, Cisco IOS/XR, JunoOS, and other complex network technologies. In this role, you will be an important member of a critical team for our firm.
Essential Responsibilities (Specific day-to-day responsibilities and milestones needed to achieve the objectives):
• Responsible for medium and large project delivery.
• Develop and publish network engineering templates and other documentation for use by implementation (and other support) teams
• Proficient in engineering of Core MPLS technologies and Multicast capabilities
• PM the technical portions of the project and influence the Project managers timelines and schedules to be inclusive of technical deliverables.
• Responsible for the end to end delivery of a project.
• Standard interval reporting on portfolio of projects.
• Leverage standards for project delivery.
• Account for service design in LLD.
• Must be able to work through others.
• Understand business objectives and document business objectives
REQUIRED Skills and Experience (must have) ( include associated number of years):
• Excellent knowledge and hands-on experience with BGP, EIGRP, OSPF and RIP
• Hands-on experience with Cisco CRS-1, ASR, 7600, 6500, 7200, Nexus and Juniper platforms
• Strong knowledge of carrier technologies such as SONET, SDH, DWDM, and Ethernet services as well as the ability to work with carriers for troubleshooting purposes
• Strong understanding of MPLS technologies such as L3 VPN, L2 VPN, and any combination of at least two of the following: VPLS, MPLS QoS, MPLS TE and mVPN
• Hands-on experience with traffic monitoring and management toolkit, NBAR, NetFlow, SFlow
• Strong understanding and hands on experience of multicast technologies such as PIM Sparse mode, PIM Dense mode, and PIM SSM
• Minimum of 7 years experience ideally working in a carrier network or a large enterprise network in a design, engineering, or architecture role
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ability to clearly articulate complex issues
• Team player with proven track record of successful project delivery
• Motivated self starter
• Excellent attention to detail
PREFERRED Skills and Experience (nice to have) (include associated number of years):
- Any quantifiable project management skills, certifications, or experience is a plus
• Any team lead or management experience is a plus
• Experience with Packet Design, OPNET, Netbrain and similar tools is a plus
• Experience with JUNOS is a big plus
• Familiarity with ITIL framework
• Juniper EX9200 and QFX 3500 platforms
Education / Certifications (Specific degrees and/or certifications required or preferred):
• BS (or higher) in relevant field• CCIE (any specialization, with lab) is required; CCIE in service provider specialization (CCIE-SP) is desired. PMP/PMI desired
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top