This team lead role will be responsible for support and administration of mission critical SAN storage and Backup infrastructure across Thomson Reuters. As a team lead, you will ensure that the SAN storage and Backup infrastructure effectively supports the ongoing business operations, revenue, and strategic direction. You will be responsible for managing a geographically dispersed team of talented engineers and collaborate closely with your peers in Globally.
To achieve success, this position will need to work closely with Design and Engineering, Service Introduction, Delivery and other DCIS teams to ensure smooth functioning of the underlying SAN storage and Backup infrastructure.
Major Areas of Accountability
- Manage and troubleshoot storage issues following proper escalation paths and liaise with internal DCIS teams and storage vendors
- Troubleshoot, Investigate and drive resolution of complex problems and incidents. Ensure proper handoff and ownership of critical storage issues
- Adhere to Thomson Reuters change and incident management policies
- Collaborate with the Design and Engineering and Service Introduction teams to bring new Infrastructure capabilities into the support team
- Collaborate closely with Design and Engineering and Life Cycle management teams to keep the HW/SW infrastructure stacks at supported standards
- Review and refine current standard operating procedures
- Enforce storage standards and identify areas for improvement
- Support storage and backup installs and upgrades as needed
- Lead efforts for storage automation, Proactive performance monitoring and compliance with Storage standards to ensure infrastructure stability
- Learn and stay current on the key facets of the applications that leverage the underlying Storage and backup infrastructure
- Stay current on the supported technologies and engineering standards
- Stay abreast of new technologies to understand possible implementations in the data center.
Leadership & Communication (20%)
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to team members
- Talent acquisition, Retention and Development
- Ensure team meets or exceeds group performance targets and objectives
- Communicate and escalate operational, technical, and resource issues with management team on a regular basis.
- Ability to translate highly technical solutions/problems to audiences at varying technical levels
- Communicates in a professional manner when interacting across staff levels and internal/external customers
- Understands the importance of communicating risk assessment
Management & Administration (20%)
- Ability to contribute, influence and direct a variety of projects concurrently
- Continuous service improvement through delivery of process, automation and Operational efficiencies in collaboration with Design and Engineering and Life cycle management teams
- Participate in initiatives to define, measure, and report on Infrastructure quality and stability
Business Acumen and Strategy (20%)
- Develop close partnership with supported business units and other DCIS teams
- Develop close partnership with Design and Engineering to ensure smooth operations
- Communicate regularly with Business unit leaders ensuring team is providing required services
- Understands the impact of new projects and technical impacts to supported systems
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 8 years technology experience
- 3 years of leadership experience managing a geographically diverse team
- 5 years of experience with EMC VMAX and HDS VSP storage infrastructure and tools.
- 5 years of experience with EMC Avamar, Netbackup or TSM backup technologies
- 3 years of experience with Brocade or Cisco Fibre Channel infrastructure and tools.
- 2 years of experience with EMC Data domain
- Working knowledge on Storage Replication technologies
- Strong functional knowledge in one of the following OS platforms: Linux, Solaris or Windows.
- Working experience with large data center migrations and technology refreshes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including both oral and written proficiency. Must be able to present effectively and facilitate meetings with a wide variety of audiences including senior management, business units and technology partners.
- Experience managing large, unstructured issues, organizing them into solvable, prioritized projects designed to meet over-arching goals across the organization
- Proven ability to effectively build and manage relationships in a matrixed environment
- Customer focused, service oriented attitude
- Ability to maintain a positive and cooperative attitude in sometimes stressful situations
- Proven skills analyzing and troubleshooting complex systems configurations
- Possess a wide range of technical knowledge
- Self motivated and able to work independently on multiple group projects
- Scripting experience with Shell or Perl
Qualifications External At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top