Tech Lead - Dev Ops
This is a fantastic opportunity to work closely within our Application Operations engineering team to improve the reliability and performance of our platforms.
We're looking for a skilled Site Reliability Engineer (SME) to use their UNIX/Linux and Windows systems knowledge, software development and systems administration background to help keep our systems healthy, monitored, and designed to scale.
The candidate should be passionate about solving problems from the network level all the way through the application stack, with an eye to automating solutions to recurring issues.
This is an exciting chance to hone and expand an already impressive skills set.
The ideal candidate will be able to quickly access, analyze, and resolve site incidents in a fast-paced environment.
Having spent time as a developer or primarily an application-focused DevOps engineer is a plus.
The position is based in our Thomson Reuters Bangalore office.
- Contribute to a team responsible for the availability, scalability, and performance of our enterprise platforms.
- Build and maintain automation systems to help us manage our rapidly growing infrastructure.
- Gain deep knowledge of our complex applications to develop a bird's eye view of our platform.
- Assist our Software Engineering teams to ensure proper monitoring and metrics are being built into the applications.
- Maintain and develop custom systems and tools to improve our ability to deploy, automate, and effectively monitor custom applications in a mixed Windows/Linux environment.
- Assist in the rollout and deployment of new product features and installations to facilitate our rapid iteration and constant growth.
- Lead troubleshooting of issues that occur in our production environments.
- Gain and use knowledge of monitoring systems and configuration management systems (AWS-specific tools, Puppet, Nagios, New Relic, etc).
- Troubleshoot issues across the whole stack - hardware, software, applications and network.
- Document current and future configuration processes and policies.
- Partner with development teams to build the standards by which we deliver our infrastructure.
- 5 years experience managing Windows and Unix/Linux infrastructure.
- Prior experience in an Internet-facing technical operations role with high uptime requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work with Cloud architectures such as AWS, Azure, CloudStack, or OpenStack.
- Strong personal and professional initiative with a focus on the success of the team and organization.
- Self-starter who is able to take ownership of technical issues and be a productive member in the on-call rotation and certain off-hours shifts.
- Strong troubleshooting skills that span systems, network, and applications.
- Experience with web-based Java/J2EE architectures.
- Strong scripting ability in at least one of the following languages: Bash, Ruby, Perl and/or Python.
- Expertise with configuration management systems such as Puppet.
- Experience with package management in multi-datacenter environments.
- Experience with virtualized environments.
- Intermediate knowledge of networking and load-balancing concepts.
- Experience with monitoring systems, such Nagios and Sensu.
- Experience collecting and aggregating log data in an ELK stack.
- Ability to write clear and thorough documentation.
Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top