The Team Manager will provide people, content, process, and project leadership at the team level to ensure production and work schedules are met, work across organizational boundaries and share knowledge/expertise across teams, sites, and business units.
- Drive team publishing goals and deliverables
- Effectively manage employee performance including ongoing coaching, development and performance evaluations
- Troubleshoot system and data problems
- Proactively identify, analyze and implement process improvements at the team/function level
- Responsible for complex problem solving
- Responsible for complex project management and ensures that projects align with and support organizational goals
- Test and implement new systems, processes and approaches
- Design and provide training resources for publishing specialists/team members.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all customers (internal and external)
- Assist leadership with interpretation/dissemination of information
- Align actions and innovative contributions with the strategic direction of the business
- Bachelors degree
- At least 5+ years of professional experience
- Demonstrable experience in leadership and people management
- Excellent English communication skills - both written and verbal
- Advanced analytical skills with ability to collect, organize and analyze information
- Strong project management, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Able to prioritize and stay focused while dealing with multiple assignments and tasks
- Results and detail oriented; focused on providing high quality results
- Agile and able to learn quickly and apply knowledge to increasingly complex and changing work
- Strong technical skills. Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft applications and web-based applications
- Knowledge of business and industry, West products, systems and processes is an advantage but not required
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top